Just a Thank You

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Magicmat

Just a Thank You

Post by Magicmat » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:56 am

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this forum, the admin and mods who run the site and the large number of members that ask the questions I want to ask and discuss topics I havent even thought about !

This is my second year applying and have found the site even more helpful and supportive.. even though i've not been a very active member. Applying is incredibly demanding and reading about other peoples experiences has really helped me.

So I just wanted to say , on behalf of all the people who appreciate what is here but may not voice it.

Thank You

sockmonkey

Re: Just a Thank You

Post by sockmonkey » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:53 pm

Il second that!! Its kept me very sane, which is no mean feat with the level of anxiety applying can cause!!

This site and all those who contribute is certainly a lifesaver at times, so thank you all! :D

OnACloud

Post by OnACloud » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:20 pm

I agree, I find it so useful and it helps me to remember that other people are in my position as I don't know anyone who wants to go into clinical psychology. I don't feel I contribute a lot as I haven't got on the course yet, so don't always feel I have a lot to offer, but I gain so much from this site, so another THANK YOU from me :D

Magicmat

Post by Magicmat » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:53 pm

:D Just glad its out of the way now.

but now time to start the preperation :oops:

Happydayzee

Another Thank You

Post by Happydayzee » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:59 am

I just wanted to add another thank you. I think it is wonderful that you take time out of your busy lives to help all of us. Also, good luck to all the applicants.

MissScarlett

Post by MissScarlett » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:29 am

Old poster on a new name here because I lost my details.

I just wanted to say well done to the moderators for not having a "progress thread" this year which I have always found to be the source of anxiety and competition! :)

moony

Post by moony » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:19 pm

Give it time. I'm sure when people start hearing back from courses in the Spring that thread will pop up. ;)
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

Randall

Post by Randall » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:31 pm

The progress thread MUST happen! It is vital! :-P

Also, thank everyone for their responses and kind suggestions throughout the application phase!

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:14 pm

MissScarlett wrote:Old poster on a new name here because I lost my details.

I just wanted to say well done to the moderators for not having a "progress thread" this year which I have always found to be the source of anxiety and competition! :)
There will be a progress thread, but only from the day that people start to hear back.

Also, PM me with your old account details (username and/or email address is enough) and I can reset the password and merge it with this one. We don't like duplicate accounts.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

blue86

Post by blue86 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:25 am

MissScarlett wrote:Old poster on a new name here because I lost my details.

I'm not really sure why you didn't like the progress thread. Was there something in particular that bothered you?

I found last year's thread to be quite supportive and often reassuring. I'm sorry if you found it anxiety provoking.
It was nice to see other opinions when others were facing the same issues as I was, and I made some great new friends through it.

Seeing someone get an interview when I didn't was not anxiety provoking; I commiserated with others like me, and was happy for the great applicants who got a chance to interview. Similarly, people were supportive when I was on a wait list.
What I am trying to say is that I hope this year's thread will be as supportive, and if you are applying, that it will be a better experience for you. All the best! :)

Nads

Post by Nads » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:56 pm

I want to say thank you too. I'm not a particularly active member but really appreciate being able to read all the interesting threads there are and the form has helped me a lot with applications/interview too!

Thankful Nads :D

RachPsychUG

Post by RachPsychUG » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:45 pm

I'd like to just say thank you too (and apologise for the following soppy post...! :roll: ) I've really found this forum valuable, it's helped me gain knowledge and it's also helped to normalise my situation as I don't know anyone who wants to go into clinical psychology!

I prepared for an assistant psychologist interview I had last week at my local NHS trust using advice and information on this forum, which gave me a great platform to do my own futher research and gather more information. I really didn't think I was in with getting the job, however they rang an hour after my interview and offered me the post!! :alien: :alien:

I'm really pleased and it's still sinking in, and wanted to express my thanks as this forum has really helped!

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:40 am

Cheers for all the positive feedback. Always nice to hear being involved with the site has had a positive impact for people. I like it when I meet people in real life, especially qualified CPs who say "I used to go on ClinPsy years ago, it was really helpful in getting where I am now" :D
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com