The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
BlueCat
Site Admin

The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by BlueCat » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:18 pm

Hello people! Following the usual tradition this is your space to record your progress and successes for 2014! We have started a little early this year as Bangor are beginning to let people know, there probably won't be much more news until nearer the deadline date.......

So...a new guideline for this year....please only post when you have some sort of news for at least one of your courses.

Black for courses you haven't heard from yet
Red for no interview
Orange for reserve list interview
Green for interview
Cyan for reserve list place
Blue for offered place
Brown for interview but no place

Use regular black text to show a course which you have applied to, but haven't heard from yet (as the deadline for notification of interviews isn't until mid March). Once you get any more news, simply re-post your updates (with new colours) on this thread.

Since the selection tests are a replacement for paper sift shortlisting, there is not a colour for being invited to sit one of these, since the equivalent status for a non-assessment-test-using course is "application is with the shortlisters". If, however, you have been informed you are not invited to sit the test, please do feel free to post that course in RED if you wish. For those invited to sit the selection tests, please update with interview reserve, interview, or no interview when you hear the outcome.

P.S: If you're not sure how to use coloured text, escapee's post here tells you how to do fancy things with your posts...

Good luck everyone!
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
AnsweringBell

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by AnsweringBell » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:01 pm

Thanks for making it live Cat! Might as well start it off...

UEA
Exeter
Newcastle
Edinburgh

stormy331

Post by stormy331 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:03 pm

I'll follow suit...

Leicester
Trent
Coventry & Warwick
Sheffield

Good luck everybody :D

blue86

Post by blue86 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:04 pm

Hopefully the first red on this thread will bring me good luck instead of the bad kind. Here we go :)

Bangor
Glasgow
Leeds
Liverpool

memifer

Post by memifer » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:05 pm

Delighted to be able to contribute to this thread so soon.

Bangor :o
Liverpool
Lancaster
Manchester

I'm a first time applicant, so even if this is as far as my progress goes this year then I will be happy with that.

Good Luck everyone!

moony

Post by moony » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:23 pm

Can't tell if I'm more excited or nervous to see this thread up and running!!

No news for me so far but I've applied to:

Edinburgh
UCL
IoP
Royal Holloway.

Much luck everyone! Let the obsessive stalking of Royal Mail employees / inbox refreshing commence! ;)
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

muggles

Post by muggles » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:26 pm

Time to cross fingers. Good luck everyone

Bath
Edinburgh
Glasgow
IoP

playdough

Post by playdough » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:37 pm

I'm slightly confused, are we not meant to wait to post until we've heard back from a course that we have either got an interview, on the reserve or been unsuccessful, I.e. When you can change the colour of at least one of your choices? Bluecat was that what you meant when you said
BlueCat wrote:
So...a new guideline for this year....please only post when you have some sort of news for at least one of your courses.

muggles

Post by muggles » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:47 am

playdough wrote:I'm slightly confused, are we not meant to wait to post until we've heard back from a course that we have either got an interview, on the reserve or been unsuccessful, I.e. When you can change the colour of at least one of your choices? Bluecat was that what you meant when you said
BlueCat wrote:
Woops. Sorry!

moony

Post by moony » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:02 am

playdough wrote:I'm slightly confused, are we not meant to wait to post until we've heard back from a course that we have either got an interview, on the reserve or been unsuccessful, I.e. When you can change the colour of at least one of your choices? Bluecat was that what you meant when you said
BlueCat wrote:

Sorry, just spotted this. Can I blame over-eagerness and anxiety instead of just not reading it properly? :oops:

Mods, feel free to delete posts to keep the thread tidy if you need to!
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

eab31

Post by eab31 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:47 am

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting in this thread but thanks for having me!

So far my applications look like this:

Essex
IoP
Royal Holloway
UEL (the thread about their selection test and how I may or may not hear from them in the next 10 days was reassuring, thanks guys!)

Lots of luck eveyone :)
Liz x

AnsweringBell

Post by AnsweringBell » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:47 pm

THRILLED to be able to update so soon to say:

UEA
Exeter
Newcastle
Edinburgh

Nads

Post by Nads » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:40 pm

Bangor
Liverpool
Manchester
Staffs

First time posting this year because I didn't feel like it last year with having no interviews. However, I will post all four reds this year, if I have no interviews again, so people who are in the same boat don't feel so alone when looking at all the greens. :p x

amadea

Post by amadea » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:52 pm

Edinburgh
Glasgow
UCL
Manchester
:oops:

amadea

Post by amadea » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:54 pm

BlueCat wrote:
Yeah But I havent got any news from any centre, so we can use black :P