The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
blue86

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by blue86 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:20 pm

Laura1 wrote:Another day, another letter:

Glasgow
Lancaster
Edinburgh
Newcastle

Why do you make us wait so long Edinburgh?!?
:(
Aaah! Can the Clearing House gods (or whoever is in charge over there :) ) please, please update my results?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Rainbow12

Post by Rainbow12 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:33 pm

Still nothing from Sheffield. And I'm on a works night out tonight. Just want to know either way so I can relax. I'm getting the commiserations drinks in already though I think :( Really haven't got a good feeling now most of you have heard but I haven't.

ilzig2

Post by ilzig2 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:49 pm

Gutted gutted gutted..... Rushed home and then back to the office just to get to:

Edinburgh
Glasgow
Sheffield
IOP

Seriously being so random and hearing people with no experience having had interviews is no comforting at all.... no idea how I should proceed....
I was on the reserve for Interview in Edinburgh last year..... fingers crossed....

Darcy

Post by Darcy » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:06 pm

Rainbow12 wrote:Still nothing from Sheffield. And I'm on a works night out tonight. Just want to know either way so I can relax. I'm getting the commiserations drinks in already though I think :( Really haven't got a good feeling now most of you have heard but I haven't.
I still haven't heard either and so do not have a good feeling since most people have heard :cry:

Lighthouse

Post by Lighthouse » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:08 pm

AlexisRose wrote:
Lighthouse wrote:leeds bath manchester Sheffield So sad:(:(
Sorry to hear that Lighthouse, that has been me the last two years. Massive hugs and I'll keep my fingers crossed your Sheffield goes Green x
Thanks! I'm really sad as I'm really not sure whether there is anything else I can improve and what is it that is not getting me an interview. I'm becoming paranoid: is it my grades, my references (paranoia), my application form and more. The lack of feedback is killing me. If I knew it's my grades I could just move on and forget about the training. It doesn't help that my colleagues are just surprised and noone can explain why! I know I'm not alone in this...

Randall

Post by Randall » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:32 pm

Rainbow12 wrote:Still nothing from Sheffield. And I'm on a works night out tonight. Just want to know either way so I can relax. I'm getting the commiserations drinks in already though I think :( Really haven't got a good feeling now most of you have heard but I haven't.
Surely the works night out will be one of the best means to that aspired state of relaxation! :eye:

ilzig2

Post by ilzig2 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:42 pm

Lighthouse wrote:
AlexisRose wrote:
Lighthouse wrote:leeds bath manchester Sheffield So sad:(:(
Sorry to hear that Lighthouse, that has been me the last two years. Massive hugs and I'll keep my fingers crossed your Sheffield goes Green x
Thanks! I'm really sad as I'm really not sure whether there is anything else I can improve and what is it that is not getting me an interview. I'm becoming paranoid: is it my grades, my references (paranoia), my application form and more. The lack of feedback is killing me. If I knew it's my grades I could just move on and forget about the training. It doesn't help that my colleagues are just surprised and noone can explain why! I know I'm not alone in this...

I feel similar to u lighthouse... i am qualified neuropsychologist at home, but this does not exist independently (you have to be clinical psychologist trained in neuropsychology) in the UK and been trying for the doctorate... i am just gutted and don't know the step forward....

Sorry for all the reds. Good luck to all greens and oranges :)

Rainbow12

Post by Rainbow12 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:46 pm

Not when I'm distracted because I still haven't heard :(

amadea

Post by amadea » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Glasgow
UCL
Manchester

Edinburgh

Very thankful with the letter from Glasgow University. At least they explain a bit more about the things they are looking for. Yet It is a no, and I am about to have a career crisis.

ilzig2

Post by ilzig2 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:50 pm

Rainbow12 wrote:Not when I'm distracted because I still haven't heard :(

Well most people who heard were a no to an interview i think. Maybe this is a good sign?

davebarker

Post by davebarker » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:50 pm

Clearing house status has updated for Glasgow. I'm sure someone said they hadn't received a letter yet. Maybe check clearing house status to see if yours has changed :-)

Serendipity

Post by Serendipity » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:55 pm

Clearing House status has updated for UEL too.

ilzig2

Post by ilzig2 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:57 pm

Serendipity wrote:Clearing House status has updated for UEL too.

Clearing house also updated Sheffield....

Beggarsroost

Post by Beggarsroost » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:05 pm

No letter but clearing house updated for UEL so as it stands I am:

Surrey
RHUL
Salomons
UEL

It only takes one right?! :shock: :? :roll:
Life is far too important to be taken seriously

blue86

Post by blue86 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:06 pm

davebarker wrote:Clearing house status has updated for Glasgow. I'm sure someone said they hadn't received a letter yet. Maybe check clearing house status to see if yours has changed :-)
Thank you! That was probably me. I live quite far away so letters take a while to get to me.

Bangor
Leeds
Liverpool
Glasgow

I'm so happy my first choice course didn't send a straight no after last year's reserve place. I would have been heartbroken. So one more chance to impress, I guess? Talk about pressure :shock: