The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
ClaireEmma

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by ClaireEmma » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:14 pm

amadea wrote:Yeah But I havent got any news from any centre, so we can use black
Yes you put them in black to signify that you haven't heard anything, but I think the idea is that you wait to post your choices until you have had news from at least one course centre. So you would wait until at least one of your choices is red or green before adding to the thread.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
GreenOlive

Post by GreenOlive » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:47 pm

Desperately waiting to hear back from Oxford :roll:

Randall

Post by Randall » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:33 pm

I counted myself as so calm and collected, until I saw that AnsweringBell had heard back from UEA earlier today...I kid you not, my stomach was in all sorts of knots...Mr Cool-headed got nervous all of a sudden!

SMASHING start to the season, I am very pleased to post below :D
UEA
Oxford
Coventry & Warwick
Herts

Good luck everybody :!:

AnonymousMouse

Post by AnonymousMouse » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:07 pm

Randall wrote:I counted myself as so calm and collected, until I saw that AnsweringBell had heard back from UEA earlier today...I kid you not, my stomach was in all sorts of knots...Mr Cool-headed got nervous all of a sudden!

UEA
Oxford
Coventry & Warwick
Herts

Congratulations Randall! Still waiting to hear from any of my choices...!

Psychological

Post by Psychological » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:13 pm

Congrats to everyone who's got an interview so far! I just wondered... has any university said how many applicants they've had this year yet? I wonder if it's up/down/the same as last year.

snailboots

Post by snailboots » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:29 pm

Congratulations to everyone with an interview/reserve interview! And to everyone still waiting to hear back/with rejections, good luck with your choices!

I can't believe I'm posting here with some positive news! First time 'practice run' applying...I'm still in shock..

Bangor
Bath
Birmingham
Cov/Warwick

Psycher

Post by Psycher » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:55 pm

Congratulations to all those who have received interviews/been placed on the reserve list and commiserations to those who haven't. It's still early days so hopefully there is good news to come.

First time applicant here so very excited/fearful of what's to come

UEA
UCL
IOP
Royal Holloway

firegal
Team Member

Post by firegal » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:54 pm

Randall wrote:I counted myself as so calm and collected, until I saw that AnsweringBell had heard back from UEA earlier today...I kid you not, my stomach was in all sorts of knots...Mr Cool-headed got nervous all of a sudden!

UEA
Oxford
Coventry & Warwick
Herts

Yay Randall!!!! So happy to see a green for you :D

AnonymousMouse

Post by AnonymousMouse » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:30 pm

Psycher wrote:Congratulations to all those who have received interviews/been placed on the reserve list and commiserations to those who haven't. It's still early days so hopefully there is good news to come.

First time applicant here so very excited/fearful of what's to come

UEA
UCL
IOP
Royal Holloway
Well done Psycher! Good luck with the rest of your choices :)

graduateak

Post by graduateak » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:49 pm

Psychological wrote:Congrats to everyone who's got an interview so far! I just wondered... has any university said how many applicants they've had this year yet? I wonder if it's up/down/the same as last year.
Hi Psychological, on the Lancaster site it says they had 366 applicants this year and I think it was about 450 last year, so a fair bit of a difference.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” ― Albert Einstein.

Psychological

Post by Psychological » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:07 am

graduateak wrote:
Psychological wrote:Congrats to everyone who's got an interview so far! I just wondered... has any university said how many applicants they've had this year yet? I wonder if it's up/down/the same as last year.
Hi Psychological, on the Lancaster site it says they had 366 applicants this year and I think it was about 450 last year, so a fair bit of a difference.
Well spotted graduateak! Thanks for posting. I wonder if other courses have had the same sort of differences and if it will positively affect my (our) chances at all. Every little helps :lol:

muggles

Post by muggles » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:25 am

The letter from Edinburgh with their extra questions for shortlisting said they had 540 applicants this year, where as Clearing House reports 524 last year, so no real difference there. Fingers crossed the other course centres are more like Lancaster!

rabbit

Post by rabbit » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:11 am

I know of another course that had around 350 last year, and less than 300 this year. Im really surprised, I thought there would be more considering the potential changes to funding.

Glad so many greens are coming through! Well done everyone!
The time will come when men such as I will look on the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men. (Leonardo da Vinci)

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:32 pm

Bangor
UEA
Lancaster
Leeds

MagicBobcat

Post by MagicBobcat » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:35 pm

Essex said in the letter they had 241 applicants this year, which is down from 282 last year.... Still didn't get an interview though :(

Oh well, first time applying, fingers crossed!

Essex
Bath
Birmingham
Cardiff