The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Esk

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by Esk » Tue May 13, 2014 1:50 pm

Hi, I'm a first time poster and also a first time interviewee after 4 years of applying and I'm just wondering if anyone else here is waiting to hear from Birmingham? I was hoping we'd hear by today and I can't bear the suspense!

MagicBobcat

Post by MagicBobcat » Tue May 13, 2014 2:22 pm

Amy.Davies wrote:Hi, I'm a first time poster and also a first time interviewee after 4 years of applying and I'm just wondering if anyone else here is waiting to hear from Birmingham? I was hoping we'd hear by today and I can't bear the suspense!
Hi Amy

I am also waiting, but had my interview on the last day so haven't been waiting too long! They said letters would be sent out a week yesterday so officially we should hear back around this time next week... BUT, Ruth Howard said that if anyone desperately wanted to know the result (ie. EVERYONE) they could email her only on Thursday (not to call the admin team) and she might be able to let you know.

Good Luck!

Esk

Post by Esk » Tue May 13, 2014 2:25 pm

That's strange, Ann told me that they'd let us know by email before the 19th?!

Esk

Post by Esk » Tue May 13, 2014 2:25 pm

Oh, and I interviewed on May 1st so as you can imagine it's been quite a frustrating wait.

AlexisRose

Post by AlexisRose » Tue May 13, 2014 3:12 pm

Newcastle results are out. Not good for me :(

Hockeygirl

Post by Hockeygirl » Tue May 13, 2014 3:49 pm

AlexisRose wrote:Newcastle results are out. Not good for me :(

How did you hear? I still have nothing!

AlexisRose

Post by AlexisRose » Tue May 13, 2014 3:52 pm

Hockeygirl wrote:

Hey Hockeygirl. By email about an hour ago. I'm low reserve so hopefully they are moving to offers next, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you x

AnsweringBell

Post by AnsweringBell » Tue May 13, 2014 3:54 pm

To add fuel to the fire, I know a person with an offer and a person without for Newcastle... so it doesnt seem to be based on the content!

Hockeygirl

Post by Hockeygirl » Tue May 13, 2014 4:08 pm

AnsweringBell wrote:To add fuel to the fire, I know a person with an offer and a person without for Newcastle... so it doesnt seem to be based on the content!

Mine was a rejection! I knew it would be, nevermind, not the end of the world!

davebarker

Post by davebarker » Tue May 13, 2014 4:16 pm

AlexisRose wrote:
Hockeygirl wrote:

Hey Hockeygirl. By email about an hour ago. I'm low reserve so hopefully they are moving to offers next, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you x
Ah AlexisRose, I too am low reserve......boooo! 11th to be exact. Which equates to 'no chance'. At least it isn't an outright rejection though so I'm staying positive :D Besides, Teesside reserve list had moved two places prior to these results so who knows where that will end up. I'm staying confident :D

Sorry to hear Hockeygirl, but as mentioned above, Newcastle results are often good for Teesside reserve list. Fingers crossed for you :D

AlexisRose

Post by AlexisRose » Tue May 13, 2014 4:16 pm

Hockeygirl wrote:
AnsweringBell wrote:To add fuel to the fire, I know a person with an offer and a person without for Newcastle... so it doesnt seem to be based on the content!

Sorry Hockeygirl. I'm probably a bit more upset, Newcastle was one of my top choices. Do you have any more interviews. Or just waiting for Teesside now? x

AlexisRose

Post by AlexisRose » Tue May 13, 2014 4:18 pm

davebarker wrote:Ah AlexisRose, I too am low reserve......boooo! 11th to be exact. Which equates to 'no chance'. At least it isn't an outright rejection though so I'm staying positive :D Besides, Teesside reserve list had moved two places prior to these results so who knows where that will end up. I'm staying confident :D

Sorry to hear Hockeygirl, but as mentioned above, Newcastle results are often good for Teesside reserve list. Fingers crossed for you :D
Well done for getting on reserve, though I'm getting a bit sick of getting told I'm suitable for training but now high enough to get one of the limited places.... lols I'm 14th so you are still doing better than me :lol:

Hockeygirl

Post by Hockeygirl » Tue May 13, 2014 4:23 pm

AlexisRose wrote:
Hockeygirl wrote:

Sorry Hockeygirl. I'm probably a bit more upset, Newcastle was one of my top choices. Do you have any more interviews. Or just waiting for Teesside now? x

I did have leeds but I withdrew as I fly to New York tomorrow!! I live a bit far out for Newcastle, so teesside was always my top choice, but I only put my application in on a bit of a whim, so never really had any expectations for it. I keep my fingers crossed the teesside list moves lots while I'm away!

Bad luck on newcastle, but it's not the end of the world, use this to build upon for the future!

AlexisRose

Post by AlexisRose » Tue May 13, 2014 4:26 pm

Hockeygirl wrote:I did have leeds but I withdrew as I fly to New York tomorrow!! I live a bit far out for Newcastle, so teesside was always my top choice, but I only put my application in on a bit of a whim, so never really had any expectations for it. I keep my fingers crossed the teesside list moves lots while I'm away!

Bad luck on newcastle, but it's not the end of the world, use this to build upon for the future!
Good for you Hockeygirl, that's a great attitude. This is my last time applying so was/ am really hoping for success. But figure that if it's not to be it's not to be and there must be something else amazing out there for me :lol:

Hockeygirl

Post by Hockeygirl » Tue May 13, 2014 4:48 pm

AlexisRose wrote:
Hockeygirl wrote:I did have leeds but I withdrew as I fly to New York tomorrow!! I live a bit far out for Newcastle, so teesside was always my top choice, but I only put my application in on a bit of a whim, so never really had any expectations for it. I keep my fingers crossed the teesside list moves lots while I'm away!

Good for you Hockeygirl, that's a great attitude. This is my last time applying so was/ am really hoping for success. But figure that if it's not to be it's not to be and there must be something else amazing out there for me :lol:

Why your last time?