The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
kk123

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by kk123 » Tue May 13, 2014 5:11 pm

Have fun in NewYork! Wish I was going away, it would definitely distract me from this waiting game! X

Hockeygirl

Post by Hockeygirl » Tue May 13, 2014 5:14 pm

kk123 wrote:Have fun in NewYork! Wish I was going away, it would definitely distract me from this waiting game! X

Thanks! Where are you waiting for? (I've lost track of everywhere, but I think you said you were a fellow Newcastle)

Rachxx

Post by Rachxx » Tue May 13, 2014 9:27 pm

MagicBobcat wrote:
Amy.Davies wrote:Hi, I'm a first time poster and also a first time interviewee after 4 years of applying and I'm just wondering if anyone else here is waiting to hear from Birmingham? I was hoping we'd hear by today and I can't bear the suspense!
Hi Amy

I am also waiting, but had my interview on the last day so haven't been waiting too long! They said letters would be sent out a week yesterday so officially we should hear back around this time next week... BUT, Ruth Howard said that if anyone desperately wanted to know the result (ie. EVERYONE) they could email her only on Thursday (not to call the admin team) and she might be able to let you know.

Good Luck!
I interviewed on the 2nd and we got told the decisions are made tomorrow, but as admin doesn't work thurs and fri letters wouldn't be sent out until at least Monday 19th. But we got told we could call thurs or Fri? So you were told email only, not call? Not sure what to do now!

kk123

Post by kk123 » Tue May 13, 2014 11:29 pm

Hey Hockeygirl, I'm on reserve for Teeside, also awaiting Trent outcomes- had interview on Monday. X

Hockeygirl

Post by Hockeygirl » Wed May 14, 2014 5:13 am

kk123 wrote:Hey Hockeygirl, I'm on reserve for Teeside, also awaiting Trent outcomes- had interview on Monday. X

Ahh awesome! A fellow teesside person! Good luck for your trent interview! And hope the list moves for us at teesside!!

Esk

Post by Esk » Wed May 14, 2014 8:43 am

This is so stressful! Why can't they just have one set thing that they tell people?!
I asked on Monday 12th and was told we'd be informed, via email, by the 19th at the latest. Do any of the other universities take this long to notify people?
I don't know whether to call or email tomorrow now, I have a job interview in the afternoon, I was hoping to know before it.

Winck1234

Post by Winck1234 » Wed May 14, 2014 8:44 am

Hi, Congratulations to all of you with blues :D

I wondered if it would be possible for people when accepting places to also consider posting on the 'Reserve list for interviews' forum, if withdrawing from an interview? It would be really helpful at this anxious time :?

Good luck to everyone

MagicBobcat

Post by MagicBobcat » Wed May 14, 2014 9:47 am

Brum people, I think just do what they told you, obviously something has got confused along the way but they can't be angry for just doing what you were told on your day. Ruth said the admin team will be really busy so best not to ring, but if they said you could ring then It shouldn't be an issue. I'm going to email tomorrow and see what happens, fingers crossed for all of you!!

Amf66

Post by Amf66 » Wed May 14, 2014 10:42 am

Hi guys,

I just thought I'd let you know I contacted Herts this morning.

Cathy said 9 people had confirmed their place so far (with 7 pending) but the reserve list had only moved by 1 place. :?

LDworker, I was just wondering whether it was your girlfriend who had rejected Herts, or if she was still waiting to hear from UEL before making her decision, in which case it's really moved by 2 spots with 6 pending.

Good luck to all, the nail biting process continues lol.

Esk

Post by Esk » Wed May 14, 2014 12:25 pm

MagicBobcat wrote:Brum people, I think just do what they told you, obviously something has got confused along the way but they can't be angry for just doing what you were told on your day. Ruth said the admin team will be really busy so best not to ring, but if they said you could ring then It shouldn't be an issue. I'm going to email tomorrow and see what happens, fingers crossed for all of you!!

And you too MagicBobcat! I've decided to email in the morning and see what they say, don't want to seem too pushy! I would just be patient but I really could do with knowing before the job interview. It'll be nice to not refresh my emails a million times a day any more or be looking out for the postman!

LDWorker

Post by LDWorker » Wed May 14, 2014 1:18 pm

Amf66 wrote:Hi guys,

I just thought I'd let you know I contacted Herts this morning.

Cathy said 9 people had confirmed their place so far (with 7 pending) but the reserve list had only moved by 1 place. :?

LDworker, I was just wondering whether it was your girlfriend who had rejected Herts, or if she was still waiting to hear from UEL before making her decision, in which case it's really moved by 2 spots with 6 pending.

Good luck to all, the nail biting process continues lol.
Hi,
I have not yet heard anything from Herts to be offered a place so as far as I know I am still the 1st reserve. The reserve list moving one place must reflect someone on the reserve list has dropped out.

I liked my odds more when it is 1 in 16 people turning down rather than 1 in 7! But you never know. Hang on in there, the waiting and uncertainty is proper painful I know!

Amf66

Post by Amf66 » Wed May 14, 2014 1:41 pm

Hi LDworker,

Sorry, slight confusions, its all coming back to me, Bionyourguard posted about his GF and I remember you saying you were first reserve (congrats). When I spoke to Cathy she said it had just moved this morning (I know she'd been on A/L) so you may well be receiving that call (fingers crossed). I think UEL released their list yesterday so it may well be Bionyourguards GF as I think he said that was one of the Uni's she was waiting on before finalising her place in london. TBH I got the impression, that Cathy thought moving down another 3 places out of 7 may be a long shot, even though she was lovely on the phone and didn't explicitly say so, just reading between the lines. But as number 1, surely you'll get on! :-)

LDWorker

Post by LDWorker » Wed May 14, 2014 1:51 pm

Ha yes not me with the gf on the course (otherwise I would persuade her to turn it down and I could have it ha).
Thanks for updating me - I haven't heard anything, and am still trying not to get my hopes up just in case. So many rumours flying around, it can get a bit stressful knowing what to believe. I promise to post on here as soon as I hear anything, if that happens. I'm really sorry you feel it might not happen for you this year - you never know and hopefully we will all know one way or another soon. It is hard moving on when there is still that glimmer of hope...
But we have all done fantastically well to get so far in this gruelling process, keep that in mind! Very best wishes to you amf66 and everyone else who has got so far and yet still feeling so anxious.

LDWorker

Post by LDWorker » Wed May 14, 2014 2:20 pm

Ok, just checked my phone and I had a voicemail from Cathy so I'm over the moon to say I am now
Herts
:D Promised I would update straight away! Thanks for the heads up amf66. I have everything crossed for you now, lots of London unis still in play so the reserve list will surely move a little more now.... Might go right down to the wire. EEk

Randall

Post by Randall » Wed May 14, 2014 2:26 pm

LDWorker wrote:Ok, just checked my phone and I had a voicemail from Cathy so I'm over the moon to say I am now
Herts
:D Promised I would update straight away! Thanks for the heads up amf66. I have everything crossed for you now, lots of London unis still in play so the reserve list will surely move a little more now.... Might go right down to the wire. EEk
YAY! Congrats!! :D