The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
AnonymousMouse

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by AnonymousMouse » Wed May 14, 2014 2:47 pm

LDWorker wrote:Ok, just checked my phone and I had a voicemail from Cathy so I'm over the moon to say I am now
Herts
:D Promised I would update straight away! Thanks for the heads up amf66. I have everything crossed for you now, lots of London unis still in play so the reserve list will surely move a little more now.... Might go right down to the wire. EEk
Congratulations LDWorker - I was fairly confident that it would happen for you, but I'm glad that you've had it confirmed now! Go out and celebrate this weekend.

However, take my advise - don't get drunk and go near a partner who happens to be doing a live video podcast things. There is now a horrible drunked video of me crashing into the house and falling on the floor in the background while shouting "I'm going to be a doctor!!!" :oops:

Psychological

Post by Psychological » Wed May 14, 2014 2:58 pm

AnonymousMouse wrote:
LDWorker wrote:Ok, just checked my phone and I had a voicemail from Cathy so I'm over the moon to say I am now
Herts
:D Promised I would update straight away! Thanks for the heads up amf66. I have everything crossed for you now, lots of London unis still in play so the reserve list will surely move a little more now.... Might go right down to the wire. EEk
However, take my advise - don't get drunk and go near a partner who happens to be doing a live video podcast things. There is now a horrible drunked video of me crashing into the house and falling on the floor in the background while shouting "I'm going to be a doctor!!!" :oops:
Haha. You cannot post that without posting a link to the video as well!

Congratulations to all of the recent blues!

Amf66

Post by Amf66 » Wed May 14, 2014 2:59 pm

Aww well done LDworker, that is great news! You must be overjoyed! Hope you'll be celebrating in style! :-) Blooming great job!

rfdes

Post by rfdes » Wed May 14, 2014 3:19 pm

Eeek I just logged on to the clearing house website and it says pending result next to Birmingham :shock:

blue86

Post by blue86 » Wed May 14, 2014 3:25 pm

rfdes wrote:Eeek I just logged on to the clearing house website and it says pending result next to Birmingham :shock:

Oh, fingers crossed, good luck!
Unfortunately, no pending status for Glasgow yet :( I keep saying to myself I won't log in but I still do it.
AnonymousMouse wrote:
AnonymousMouse, congrats! And thank you for the story, that's really funny :)

MagicBobcat

Post by MagicBobcat » Wed May 14, 2014 3:25 pm

Just had an email from Birmingham that was a bit out of the blue!

It was a no, but actually feel really ok about it. I'm not sure Birmingham was for me, i wasn't too comfortable about their selection process from the test to the interviews but think I kept telling myself I would be happy there because I just wanted a place anywhere so bad.

I actually feel really relieved that this process is sort of over (still waiting on reserve interview for South Wales but its unlikely) and I can finally plan my summer, start my new job and book a holiday!

Good luck everyone else!!

Beryl

Post by Beryl » Wed May 14, 2014 3:41 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your Birmingham result Magicbobcat. It was a no for me too. I'm still waiting for the staffs result but I thought the Birminham interview went better so not holding out much hope. Enjoy the summer!

Esk

Post by Esk » Wed May 14, 2014 3:44 pm

MagicBobCat I'm in the exact same position- just got my no from Birmingham. So relieved just to finally know and not too disappointed as I felt the same way about the university and I also would have struggled sharing my time between Birmingham and my home in Cardiff as my partner was unable to move. I'm hoping the feedback is useful and hopeful about my chances at my first choice Unis next year.

Congrats to all blues and good luck to everyone still waiting.

Randall

Post by Randall » Wed May 14, 2014 4:20 pm

Psychological wrote:
AnonymousMouse wrote:
Herts
Haha. You cannot post that without posting a link to the video as well!
AGREED :eye:

Jottlebot

Post by Jottlebot » Wed May 14, 2014 6:12 pm

Well, it turns out that it was 5th time lucky for me!! Not-quite-sure-it-is-actually-really-happening-happy to report:

Birmingham is now BIRMINGHAM!!!!!

I heard by email without having to ask to be told...I think other Birminghamers will know what I mean.

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear. I will be withdrawing from my Liverpool interview on Friday so good luck to whoever gets the place.

The possibility of applying 5 times might seem to add to the misery for anyone who has just found out that this isn't going to be their year, but I think the best piece of advice is to try and enjoy what you do until you get there. I have never enjoyed a job as much as the one I am currently doing and it's this year I get in! I don't think I would have applied again because I felt I had actually found a job I would be happy to do almost without realising it as my sights were so set on "getting in". It hurts to be rejected and it can be a tough tough process, but it's do-able. The attitudes on this forum from people who haven't got in this year have been fantastic, they are an inspiration and I wish they'd been mine over the years.

All the best to everyone. I'll post on the "reserve place for interview" thread too.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed May 14, 2014 6:46 pm

A friend just sent me this, made me smile so thought I'd share it with other multi-timers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Esk

Post by Esk » Wed May 14, 2014 7:21 pm

Congrats Jottlebot!
It makes me feel a lot better to see you were fifth time lucky as I'd promised myself that next year, my fifth year, would be my last attempt. And I agree, I'm really enjoying what I'm doing at the minute and haven't long started so I'm pleased to be able to get a bit more into it.

What day did you interview? The group I interviewed with were all lovely and I'd like to see at least some of them get on!

LDWorker

Post by LDWorker » Thu May 15, 2014 8:47 am

Thanks for the advice anonymousmouse! I already have family coming over for a meal this weekend but they have now been instructed to bring some bubbly. Just want to say thanks again to everyone on here for being so nice and supportive. Well done to everyone who has had interviews, good luck to everyone still waiting, I really know your pain!
Also a really big thank you to whoever out there turned down a place at Herts - you have literally changed my life! Best of luck with your studies wherever you are going, and in your whole career :)

Jottlebot

Post by Jottlebot » Thu May 15, 2014 10:13 am

Amy.Davies wrote:Congrats Jottlebot!
It makes me feel a lot better to see you were fifth time lucky as I'd promised myself that next year, my fifth year, would be my last attempt. And I agree, I'm really enjoying what I'm doing at the minute and haven't long started so I'm pleased to be able to get a bit more into it.

What day did you interview? The group I interviewed with were all lovely and I'd like to see at least some of them get on!
Thank you!

I interviewed on Thursday last week (the 8th...it feels like a LONG time ago already), everyone else on my day was really lovely and very funny! It definately helped bring the tension down. Birmingham obviously know how to pick good candidates. I would obviously advise you to apply again, and hopefully see you there next year! :D

catlc

Post by catlc » Thu May 15, 2014 10:33 am

Think I might try and pop home over lunch to see if any post has come from Glasgow. Prob unlikely though.