The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Beggarsroost

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by Beggarsroost » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:41 pm

AHHHHHHHH! how are people hearing already!?!

I thought I had a few weeks of sanity left! Hoping I get a letter from UEL this week then as they seem to be letting people know. I know I did not do well on the Surrey/Salomans test so fingers crossed!

Good luck to all!
Life is far too important to be taken seriously

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
firegal
Team Member

Post by firegal » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:06 pm

Beggarsroost wrote:AHHHHHHHH! how are people hearing already!?!

I thought I had a few weeks of sanity left! Hoping I get a letter from UEL this week then as they seem to be letting people know. I know I did not do well on the Surrey/Salomans test so fingers crossed!

Good luck to all!
I don't think UEL will be letting anyone know for a couple of weeks. Only because the email regarding their pilot selection test says they expect to have emailed everyone the selection test link by the 3rd of March and I would have thought if they start inviting people for interview or breaking the bad news before then it would rather skew the results!

Of course I have just realised that maybe you just mistyped UEL instead of UEA, in which case I hope there is good news coming through your door soon!

Mmarlborough

Post by Mmarlborough » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:48 pm

Disappointed to report:
Leicester
Oxford
Coventry
Herts

:(

jack19stags

Post by jack19stags » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:51 pm

Hello,

I have been informed that Leicester letters are being received today. I haven't received a letter in the post today so the suspense goes on!!

Good Luck everyone waiting

SarahFK

Post by SarahFK » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:57 pm

Ok so its taken me a couple of days to brave coming on here and stating my results. First time applicant with just about my 12 months full time work expereince so no real hope but still felt gutted after seeing how many other first timers bagged interviews...glad to see it can happen but naturally gutted at outright rejection at the same time!

Bangor
Manchester
liverpool
Lancaster

After that I am pretty resigned that there will be no interviews offers/reserves this year considering just how horrible these others are known for getting into with sheer number of applicants let alone anything else!

*hugs* to all those in the same boat, lets keep the faith (I'm sure I'll get over my disappointed grump quick enough!), and all the best to those with offers, remember, you will all be our go to peolple for info next year!!
“Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” - Morticia Addams

AnsweringBell

Post by AnsweringBell » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:00 pm

SarahFK wrote:Ok so its taken me a couple of days to brave coming on here and stating my results. First time applicant with just about my 12 months full time work expereince so no real hope but still felt gutted after seeing how many other first timers bagged interviews...glad to see it can happen but naturally gutted at outright rejection at the same time!

Bangor
Manchester
liverpool
Lancaster

After that I am pretty resigned that there will be no interviews offers/reserves this year considering just how horrible these others are known for getting into with sheer number of applicants let alone anything else!

*hugs* to all those in the same boat, lets keep the faith (I'm sure I'll get over my disappointed grump quick enough!), and all the best to those with offers, remember, you will all be our go to peolple for info next year!!
Sorry to hear about the red, Sarah! Still plenty more to keep things crossed for in the coming weeks.

I just wanted to say though... sometimes people being first time applicants can be misleading, and a lot of people wait to apply until they've developed quite a full profile over a few years. So first timers getting interviews aren't just people that are relatively new to the field. Try not to get too discouraged if you can :)

SarahFK

Post by SarahFK » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:10 pm

[/quote]
Sorry to hear about the red, Sarah! Still plenty more to keep things crossed for in the coming weeks.

I just wanted to say though... sometimes people being first time applicants can be misleading, and a lot of people wait to apply until they've developed quite a full profile over a few years. So first timers getting interviews aren't just people that are relatively new to the field. Try not to get too discouraged if you can :)[/quote]

Thanks Answering Bell :) It can be hard to remember that, I am pretty new to the proffession - I did a conversion MSc for a year and don't come from a scientific background at all!! Was very lucky to walk into IAPT work after graduation and bee doing that since with a couple hours here and there as an Assistant Psych so I do have a long way to go, this year I'll just focus on improvement and take it from there :)

Best of luck with your applications too!!
“Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” - Morticia Addams

ClaireEmma

Post by ClaireEmma » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:39 pm

SarahFK wrote:Ok so its taken me a couple of days to brave coming on here and stating my results. First time applicant with just about my 12 months full time work expereince so no real hope but still felt gutted after seeing how many other first timers bagged interviews...glad to see it can happen but naturally gutted at outright rejection at the same time
I really feel for you Sarah and I think its brave of you to put your red on the thread while you are still quite upset about it. I am in a similar position to you, I only have about 18 months experience and have to keep reminding myself that I am just applying this year to get a feel for the process in preparation for next year when I will be in a stronger position - however, I know that when it comes down to it, it will still hurt a bit to get an outright rejection. However, on the bright side, we both applied to Lancaster and they select for interview purely based on the test and not clinical experience so you never know us less experienced folk may still have a shot at an interview!

stormy331

Post by stormy331 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:47 pm

I haven't had a letter but I checked Leeds Clearing House and I am so happy to say:

Leicester
Trent
Cov & Warwick
Sheffield

AnsweringBell

Post by AnsweringBell » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:48 pm

stormy331 wrote:I haven't had a letter but I checked Leeds Clearing House and I am so happy to say:

Leicester
Trent
Cov & Warwick
Sheffield
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Great start :)

elando

Post by elando » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:07 pm

stormy331 wrote:I haven't had clearing letter but I checked Leeds Clearing House and I am so happy to say:

Leicester
Trent
Cov & Warwick
Sheffield
Hey Stormy well done you! I haven't received a letter from Leicester yet either, but it says on my online form that I have 'reserve for interview'. Does this mean I am on the reserves list? What does it say on your form?

Arg I wish the postman would hurry up!
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

enid

Post by enid » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:44 pm

elando wrote:but it says on my online form that I have 'reserve for interview'. Does this mean I am on the reserves list?
It sounds like it :)

stormy331

Post by stormy331 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:17 pm

elando wrote:
stormy331 wrote:I haven't had clearing letter but I checked Leeds Clearing House and I am so happy to say:

Leicester
Trent
Cov & Warwick
Sheffield
Hey Stormy well done you! I haven't received a letter from Leicester yet either, but it says on my online form that I have 'reserve for interview'. Does this mean I am on the reserves list? What does it say on your form?

Arg I wish the postman would hurry up!
Hi Elando, mine says selected for interview, so I assume yours means you are on the reserve list. Hopefully we will get our letters soon and then will know more. Fingers crossed the reserve list moves for you :D

yellowstars3

Post by yellowstars3 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:44 pm

No letters as of yet but had the first bit of good news ever on Clearing House:

Leicester
Surrey
Coventry & Warwick
Trent

The anxiety has really kicked in now :?

yellowstars3

Post by yellowstars3 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:49 pm