The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
elando

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2014 Applications

Post by elando » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:05 pm

Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure whether to get excited yet :? . Has anybody here been in the reserve list before and been interviewed? Very pleased to have done better than expected in the test though :D
Well done to all those who have got an interview so far!!!!
So in short, my progress is as follows:

Leicester
UEL
Herts
Essex
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
sarahrose

Post by sarahrose » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:33 pm

Leicester
Cov/warwick
Birmingham
UCL

Not sure what to think about Leicester... I'm doing my Masters at the moment as well as working part-time, so I have A LOT on my plate. I don't really have time to revise for an interview that I might not even have so a bit bummed. Hoping I will get a definite interview elsewhere so it doesn't feel like wasted time if i don't get an interview at Leicester...

On the plus side, this is my first year applying and I'd much rather be on the reserve list than get an out-right 'no' !! Does anyone know if I will be able to find what number I am in the reserves list?

sarahrose

Post by sarahrose » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:35 pm

elando wrote:Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure whether to get excited yet :? . Has anybody here been in the reserve list before and been interviewed? Very pleased to have done better than expected in the test though :D
Well done to all those who have got an interview so far!!!!
So in short, my progress is as follows:

Leicester
UEL
Herts
Essex
I feel the same elando.. I was kinda expecting either yes or no... So I'm a bit confused and have mixed feelings about being on reserve...

PeachyG

Post by PeachyG » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:12 pm

Thought I'd add my anxiety to the list!

Surrey
IoP/Kings
Royal Holloway
North Thames/ UCL

Good luck everyone!

SuzieQ199

Post by SuzieQ199 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:03 am

First time applying so I'm kind of going at this with an open minded attitude and looking at it as a learning opportunity :)
Bangor
Keele and staffs
Birmingham
Warwick and Cov

Quite happy I'm on the reserve list for Bangor!
X

fabio

Post by fabio » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:48 am

Essex
UCL
Bath
IoP

Did not get my hopes up since I have ZERO UK experience,just gave it a try to get my head a bit cleared up!

Sangreal

Post by Sangreal » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:12 am

sarahrose wrote: I don't really have time to revise for an interview that I might not even have so a bit bummed. Hoping I will get a definite interview elsewhere so it doesn't feel like wasted time if i don't get an interview at Leicester...

On the plus side, this is my first year applying and I'd much rather be on the reserve list than get an out-right 'no' !! Does anyone know if I will be able to find what number I am in the reserves list?
It's very easy for me to say, but try not to worry TOO much about interview prep - they can spot the rehearsed-24-7-ever-since-I-found-out-I-had-an-interview answers from a mile off, so don't let it consume your life - sometimes the spontaneous stuff can be most impressive (IMO) as it shows you thinking on your feet and not spouting a pre-prepared script...! (Though obviously you don't want to be UNDER prepared...!!).

Regarding reserve list places - some courses will tell people, some will not. Generally from what I'm aware from everyone I know - if they haven't told you where you are on the list already, they probably won't tell you. A lot of people end up phoning up to ask, but that tends to just annoy the Admin teams...!! Personally, I would rather not know if I had started at 8th on the reserve list, then moved up to 1st but not QUITE gotten to the interview list - would be SO frustrating! Look at the plus side - being on a reserve list, means a course thinks you ARE ready for training based on your paper application - you wouldn't be on there if you weren't. :D
Worrying is like a rocking chair - it gives you something to do, but ultimately gets you nowhere.

cdunk

Post by cdunk » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:31 am

First time applying so more of a test run:

Leicester
Newcastle
Teesside
Leeds

Let's see how the other three go!

REC

Post by REC » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:02 am

Hello, first time poster here - just to let the reserves for Leicester know that I was a 'reserve' last year and didn't get called for an interview. When I spoke with the admin team last year they said that they only had three reserves on their list. The list (sadly) did not move. The admin said that in the last few years, there has only been one instance that they have called the reserve for interview. As Leicester are one of the first courses to interview, it isn't as likely that the reserve list will move. I hope that helps in some way or another. Good luck to you all and will keep my fingers crossed for you all at this horribly stressful and anxiety provoking time.

sarahrose

Post by sarahrose » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:52 pm

REC wrote:Hello, first time poster here - just to let the reserves for Leicester know that I was a 'reserve' last year and didn't get called for an interview. When I spoke with the admin team last year they said that they only had three reserves on their list. The list (sadly) did not move. The admin said that in the last few years, there has only been one instance that they have called the reserve for interview. As Leicester are one of the first courses to interview, it isn't as likely that the reserve list will move. I hope that helps in some way or another. Good luck to you all and will keep my fingers crossed for you all at this horribly stressful and anxiety provoking time.
Hi REC thanks for your comment. I'm number 2 on their reserve list so not holding out much hope for leicester.. I thought the only chance I have is if I am number 1 on the list ! But hey ho, I'll still do a little prep. Fingers crossed i get a definate interview elsewhere ! :mrgreen:

enid

Post by enid » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:16 pm

I bet the IoP will have got even more applicants this time round, as they seemed to really being plugging & advertsising their course last year.

Randall

Post by Randall » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:26 pm

FYI Oxford and UEA candidates:

I phoned Oxford to just let them know I had an interview with UEA, so as to avoid any possible clashes. If anyone else is in similar circumstance, then do not despair. I was told that they liaise with one another so as to avoid any clashes anyway.

Hope that helps :)

REC

Post by REC » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:17 pm

sarahrose wrote:
REC wrote:Hello, first time poster here - just to let the reserves for Leicester know that I was a 'reserve' last year and didn't get called for an interview. When I spoke with the admin team last year they said that they only had three reserves on their list. The list (sadly) did not move. The admin said that in the last few years, there has only been one instance that they have called the reserve for interview. As Leicester are one of the first courses to interview, it isn't as likely that the reserve list will move. I hope that helps in some way or another. Good luck to you all and will keep my fingers crossed for you all at this horribly stressful and anxiety provoking time.
Hi REC thanks for your comment. I'm number 2 on their reserve list so not holding out much hope for leicester.. I thought the only chance I have is if I am number 1 on the list ! But hey ho, I'll still do a little prep. Fingers crossed i get a definate interview elsewhere ! :mrgreen:
Try to remain positive. You have done incredibly well to get a reserve offer so you should be proud of that achievement. You still have three more courses to hear back from too :-)

Jungatheart

Post by Jungatheart » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:41 pm

First time applying and posting;

Bangor :(
Lancaster
Liverpool
Manchester

Good luck everyone!

ChickpeaPsych

Post by ChickpeaPsych » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:04 pm

Leicester
Sheffield
Nottingham & Lincoln
IoP

I thought my Leicester red was a little surprising as two years ago I got through to the computerised task, with less experience and no MSc...I would've thought I'd have got as far as that this time? Oh well, keeping fingers crossed.

Well done to everybody on greens and oranges :D