No longer reviewing application forms

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
BlueCat
Site Admin

No longer reviewing application forms

Post by BlueCat » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:21 pm

I know many of you will have clinical psychologists as supervisors, colleagues, or friends and so will undoubtedly have a knowledgeable person to go to for some feedback, given that what the courses provides tends to be limited.

For those of you who don't have these links, I would like to offer to review the forms for people who haven't achieved what they had hoped this year. Think about whether you want to do this if you are orange. The reason for this is, if you're orange at this stage, you don't know whether or not you are going to have an interview, which might turn into a place, so hang in there! I will be more than happy to review your form if you wish, but do think about the use of time/money when you might end up starting training in September!

In return, I will ask that you make a donation towards the free school I am involved in trying to set up. This is our school http://wyevalleyfreeschool.co.uk/ Please don't take advantage. If I find I have reviewed ten forms and we have only received one donation, I will stop doing it.

This is our donate button http://wyevalleyfreeschool.co.uk/donate/

A bit about me: I have been working as a qualified clinical psychologist since 2005, in both the NHS and private sectors. I have shortlisted for and taught on three different doctorate courses.

This offer is no longer available.
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.

Elly88

Re: Would you like me to review your application form?

Post by Elly88 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:06 pm

This is great of you to offer to do this, thank you!

GingerOwl

Post by GingerOwl » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:08 pm

What a lovely idea :)
~ * Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'! Audrey Hepburn * ~

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:20 pm

Hey, we all win. I offer some of my time, you get some (hopefully) useful feedback, and a local cause close to my heart gets some funding :)

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:38 am

Wow! So many of you! The answer is yes - I will get back to you each individually later today to discuss further.

AnonymousMouse

Post by AnonymousMouse » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:17 pm

Hi Bluecat,

I won't be taking you up on this this year, as I'm one of the incredibly lucky ones. However, I just wanted to say thank you for such a kind offer. I think that the lack of feedback can be one of the most frustrating things for most - it's hard when you sort of know your form isn't quite right, but you don't have anyone to tell you WHY it's not quite right.

Thank you once again on behalf of everyone (successful or not!)

Mouse

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:21 pm

OK, I've done a few and it is taking me around 30 minutes to thoroughly review and feedback on each of the forms. I'm happy to do more (still have a few to get through) but won't be doing more than four per evening so I a) keep my brain fresh and b) actually have some sort of evening; so hang on in there, if you've donated, I will get round to you!

svr

Post by svr » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:13 am

Hi BlueCat!

Firstly, thank you for this very kind offer! I'd really like to take you up on this. I've sent you a PM but I'm not sure if you got it, because it's in my 'outbox' rather than 'sent' folder'. As I explain in my PM- I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to technological issues!

Eriya

Post by Eriya » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:39 pm

svr wrote:Hi BlueCat!

Firstly, thank you for this very kind offer! I'd really like to take you up on this. I've sent you a PM but I'm not sure if you got it, because it's in my 'outbox' rather than 'sent' folder'. As I explain in my PM- I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to technological issues!
I seem to have the same issue, mine is still in the outbox too :oops:

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:51 pm

Messages stay in the outbox until they've been read by the recipient. I've read them now but am at work, so will respond properly this evening :)

Thank you all for your support of our school :)

Eriya

Post by Eriya » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:09 pm

BlueCat wrote:Messages stay in the outbox until they've been read by the recipient.
I never knew that. You learn something new every day! :lol: Thanks for looking at my PM. Like I said, I'm in no hurry :)

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:41 pm

Thank you all for supporting our school :)

I am really enjoying hearing about you guys through your forms- such an interesting bunch of people - it is amazing how much personality some of you can manage to convey in such a limited and structured piece of writing! Hopefully you are finding the feedback helpful too.

Toscapuss

Post by Toscapuss » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:33 pm

:D Lovely bluecat

Thanks so much for doing this :) Much appreciated and a really, really useful exercise ! :)

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:57 pm

Just to update you all.......there has been a bit of a hitch but I will soon be back reviewing! I put my contact lenses in.....goodness only knows what the fluid was they were in (obviously not contact lens fluid!) and burnt my corneas......very very ouch. Couldn't see for a day, limited vision for a few days.....functional now, but can't lok at a screen for very long. So sorry, but I will get back on it when I can look at a screen again!

AnonymousMouse

Post by AnonymousMouse » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:22 pm

Ouch Bluecat that sounds horribly painful! Hope that you are feeling better and your poor eyes are ok.

Mouse