No longer reviewing application forms

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
enid

Re: Would you like me to review your application form?

Post by enid » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:55 am

Hello - I just wonder how it is going (in terms of your original batch - as I was part of that, but mine hasn't been reviewed yet, I don't think)? Thanks!

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:03 pm

I don't mind doing some again if BC has run out of steam. Its also a good moment to support my social enterprise subsidy fund (and sometime soon there will be a promotion where donations over £10 will get another £10 added) which will be an extra incentive to me to do more of them.

So if you want me to review your form, please PM asap, then I'll send you a link to donate and then I'll work through as fast as I can :D
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

enid

Post by enid » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:09 am

Thanks miriam, that is nice.
The only thing is - and I hate to sound stingy, but I am extremely poor at the moment - I did pay £15 to BlueCat's cause back in Spring time. Hopefully she will come back soon.

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:20 am

I don't mind supporting her free school for one application form, she's done me plenty of good turns :)
Miriam

enid

Post by enid » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:18 am

Thanks miriam! i will send it over to you - perhaps next week if that is okay?

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:22 am

Sure thing. I'm also getting a queue, but I'm not inundated yet :)
Miriam

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:23 am

Yours is done, enid. I'm never, ever doing this again! Swamped is an understatement.
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.

enid

Post by enid » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:50 am

Thank you so much BlueCat - you have been very kind!

Playinginthesun

Post by Playinginthesun » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:00 am

Hi Bluecat, I would really appreciate your advice/feedback on my form if you're able to offer it. I've just seen that you're super busy reviewing everyone else's forms but let me know if and when you can! Thanks so much.

moony

Post by moony » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:44 am

I might ask for your help too. No big rush though. If you let me know when you've got a bit of a lull or some spare time let me know, and if you're still willing to review (and haven't torn all your hair out yet) I'd really appreciate your input.

I think it's really great that some of you senior clinpsy types are willing to do this by the way. Much appreciated by us wannabe psychologists, thank you!
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

Argenti

Post by Argenti » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:44 pm

Hi BlueCat,

I sent you my form in April to review (sent to your gmail account you set up to review the forms) and haven't heard anything back as yet :(

Would you be able to review and give me feedback as am aware the application process is due to start again soon and would really appreaciate the help.

I donated £10 to the charity back in April.

If you don't have time that's absolutely fine -but grateful if you would let me know either way

Thanks

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:27 am

Righty! Everyone who sent me a form to review has now had them returned. If you haven't had yours back, then I haven't received it, so get in touch if this is the case.

I do apologise for the amount of time it has taken for this last batch. I sort of reached "review-fatigue" where my response was "yeah, yeah, yeah" and so I had to stop and wait until I could approach this with a fresh perspective in order to be able to give useful, detailed, and actionable feedback and advice, rather than just a general statement from a fatigued perspective.

So, to people that have waited ages, apologies again, but I feel sure the feedback and suggestions I have been able to make with a fresh mind are more useful than if I had made them when my mind was swimming with reviews and all I was seeing were similarities and common mistakes rather than being able to respond to each application as a unique and carefully constructed representation of yourselves as candidates for clinical training. I hope I have managed the latter.

I am having a steady trickle of requests into my inbox asking for me to review their forms. At the moment, I am not able to agree to do any more of these, especially as application season is beginning, as I am sure I would be swamped again. I will post on here if my situation in respect of this changes.
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:40 am

Let's lock this thread down, and then we can post a new thread in which qualified folk who feel able to review forms can do so without it bumping BlueCat's original post.
Miriam