Reserve Place for a Course

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Cushtie

Re: Reserve Place for a Course

Post by Cushtie » Wed May 28, 2014 1:31 pm

I really feel for you anna, 3 reserve places!!! I have everything crossed for you that you get a good outcome soon!

Just thought I'd post a cute picture of a kitten to keep us all going until 6th June :) Hang in there guys, only 9 days left!!!

Hockeygirl

Post by Hockeygirl » Wed May 28, 2014 1:37 pm

I had no idea that the deadline was that soon. Eeeek. Hopefully the Teesside list moves some more. :?

Lottie13

Post by Lottie13 » Wed May 28, 2014 1:40 pm

Is there anywhere else to release their results?
This may be the longest days of my life! :D

Midnight33

Post by Midnight33 » Wed May 28, 2014 1:43 pm

It's frustrating being in the Teesside top 5 reserves and not being able to find out anything until Monday, eek. It should have moved before now so it doesn't look hopeful!

Hockeygirl

Post by Hockeygirl » Wed May 28, 2014 1:59 pm

Midnight33 wrote:It's frustrating being in the Teesside top 5 reserves and not being able to find out anything until Monday, eek. It should have moved before now so it doesn't look hopeful!
At last check though, only 6 people had accepted. That's 8 spaces still free... plus any possible movement on the reserves. It could be that Leeds has a big impact this year. I know that previously there has been little flurries of activity right near the end!

davebarker

Post by davebarker » Wed May 28, 2014 2:06 pm

Midnight33 wrote:It's frustrating being in the Teesside top 5 reserves and not being able to find out anything until Monday, eek. It should have moved before now so it doesn't look hopeful!
I agree with HockeyGirl. Hang on in there Midnight33 :D

The offers have been on the table for Teesside for a considerable amount of time yet less than half of the course have accepted places. This tells us that those applicants are waiting for somewhere else. You're in with a shout. I would like to think that Newcastle, Glasgow, Leeds, Trent and Edinburgh will all have had an impact.

What number reserve are you? I'm now technically 5th (as of beg of last week) and am still hopeful. It's all about the late drama :D

pinkaliengoo

Post by pinkaliengoo » Wed May 28, 2014 2:07 pm

Edinburgh still haven't released letters/emails as well, which could impact Teeside!

moony

Post by moony » Wed May 28, 2014 2:12 pm

When I got my debriefing in Edinburgh they said it'd be by letter rather than email. Though that's what they said about interview invites as well. ;)
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

Hockeygirl

Post by Hockeygirl » Wed May 28, 2014 2:15 pm

pinkaliengoo wrote:Edinburgh still haven't released letters/emails as well, which could impact Teeside!
Edinburgh aren't out yet? Wow, we really are in with a shot then. People who want Ed, normally go for Newcastle too, which obviously impacts Teesside. I know the last couple of years my colleagues applied they all went for Edinburgh, Newcastle, Teesside and Leeds (I work in Middlesbrough area).

jones85

Post by jones85 » Wed May 28, 2014 3:07 pm

Hi all, not long to go! Just a quick message for those who are on the Trent reserve list. I spoke to Judith today who told me Trent won't be contacting any of the reserves until Friday 6th June after 2pm! Hope that is useful :)

J x

midas

Post by midas » Wed May 28, 2014 3:34 pm

Is it right to assume that if you have not been notified otherwise, there is still the chance a place can be offered on the reserve list? I am on for Manchester but don't want to call and pester because of the nightmare I had actually getting onto the list (LONG story). Plus it seems to be all silent on the Manchester front, not seen much activity on here in terms of offers, reserve offers, anything!

gibbird

Post by gibbird » Wed May 28, 2014 3:45 pm

Has anyone heard an update at all on the Royal Holloway reserve list?

Any info appreciated!
x

han10

Post by han10 » Wed May 28, 2014 3:47 pm

As hard as it is I would just sit tight and wait to be contacted. re: Manchester I know admin staff are stretched at the moment - with one of the team about to leave so I'm sure they would appreciate not having their work load added to unless really necessary.

They really will contact you as and when any spaces come up/by the cut off date. I know it's difficult and a horrible time of uncertainty to sit with it, you have my hugs and sympathy.

chaz

Post by chaz » Wed May 28, 2014 6:35 pm

rjh46 wrote:Hi all,

An update on the Herts list - I was number 6 and have just been offered a place. Good luck to all still waiting to hear :)

x
Well done rjh46, brilliant news!

Your update prompted me to get in touch with Cathy. So I know I am now no 2 with 4 spaces still to be confirmed. Although I think one of these 4 is Jessicas space from what she said on an earlier post so odds are dwindling but still a chance so im hanging in there!

I am also on the Salomons reserve but checked with them just over a week ago and had moved from 20 to 14 - I am trying to resist the urge to check in again as quite a long list!

The torture continues for a while longer.

gretamcg

Post by gretamcg » Wed May 28, 2014 8:37 pm

midas wrote:Is it right to assume that if you have not been notified otherwise, there is still the chance a place can be offered on the reserve list? I am on for Manchester but don't want to call and pester because of the nightmare I had actually getting onto the list (LONG story). Plus it seems to be all silent on the Manchester front, not seen much activity on here in terms of offers, reserve offers, anything!
Hey Midas!!!

I'm waiting to hear from Manchester too. Wonder why there havent been many people on here saying they've accepted/declined etc... Its so hard not knowing and this site is usually a help but not this year it seems. haha...

I wish they'd do a twitter update or something re: movement. Would help me nyways to know all the details that other unis are giving out!!....

Well anyways...im off to portugal on Friday so need to put it out of my mind!...I say that but know I'll be checking my emails every day haha

G x