Reserve Place for a Course

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
gibbird

Re: Reserve Place for a Course

Post by gibbird » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:27 pm

How horrible is all this....I'm sure this has been one of the longest weeks ever!

Any word from anybody waiting on RHUL?

x

astra

Post by astra » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:42 pm

blue86 wrote:Sooo.. Leeds has all places accepted, they just emailed. I guess that's another reserve list down. :( Any more news on Glasgow?
Sorry to hear that Blue86. I'm desperately trying to think if I interviewed you and if so which one you were now!!!
From the point of view of mindfulness, as long as you're breathing there's more right with you than wrong with you. Jon Kabat-Zinn

blue86

Post by blue86 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:19 pm

astra wrote:
blue86 wrote:Sooo.. Leeds has all places accepted, they just emailed. I guess that's another reserve list down. :( Any more news on Glasgow?
Sorry to hear that Blue86. I'm desperately trying to think if I interviewed you and if so which one you were now!!!
Thank you, Astra. I'm not sure you did, because I was there Friday morning and I remember you saying you didn't interview that day? Last I heard I was no 6 or so on the list, so hoping that I am high enough on the Glasgow list to be considered.

It's a little like grasping at straws since this will most likely be the last time I can apply. I've wanted to be in this field since I was 14 and made quite a few sacrifices in that regard, so it's not going to be easy to let it go. I also know I'm not the only one in this position so I'm trying to keep that in perspective. It's been a tough week since all my close ones keep asking me about it, or making hints that it will all work out fine and I have no idea how to explain to them how this process really works. :( Oh well, I'm glad I have this wonderful community as a support. I don't know how I would've made it these past years without you. Just a few more days of waiting I guess.

Jessica

Post by Jessica » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:20 pm

RHUL has three places left to confirm...I am no 7 on the reserve list so...

gibbird

Post by gibbird » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:47 pm

Thanks for that Jessica, really helpful!
Tomorrow we will know where we stand x

Jessica

Post by Jessica » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:48 pm

What number are you gibbird?

gibbird

Post by gibbird » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:52 pm

1 :shock:

It's thrillingly close and yet I've been sitting in that spot for over a week now so it creeps ever further away!

Jessica

Post by Jessica » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:53 pm

Omg I hope it moves for you! Do you have a place elsewhere? How annoying!

midas

Post by midas » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:02 am

Manchester is full... :(
roll on next year. Hope everyone looks after themselves after this horrible week. Well done to all of you who got on and commiserations to my fellow reservees

Stoney

Post by Stoney » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:43 am

I've received an e-mail from Lydia Stead regarding the Leeds list...all 16 people originally offered places accepted. So the reserve list only moved 2 places (from 2 on the reserve accepting elsewhere). Don't know if that makes it better or worse but thought I would share as I was intrigued myself.

AnsweringBell

Post by AnsweringBell » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:50 pm

Hoping an Edinburgh reserve lister gets some good news today! i've turned down my CAMHS aligned place in Elgin, and have accepted UEA.

Sprinkles

Post by Sprinkles » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:52 pm

Anyone declining Glasgow by any chance?! lol, says a worn out reserve candidate! :0 x

easyas123

Post by easyas123 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:08 pm

Blue86 and Sprinkles!

I have accepted a place at Edinburgh and have hence withdrawn from the Glasgow reserve list. Maybe that will help a tiny bit---as we know, we DON'T know where on the list we are but I hope it helps you guys.

Just one more thing- I was the most unlikely candidate, messed up one interview so did not have much hope at all to get this. So just in case you had a similar feeling ---you honestly never know! All fingers crossed! :)

blue86

Post by blue86 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:15 pm

easyas123 wrote:Blue86 and Sprinkles!

I have accepted a place at Edinburgh and have hence withdrawn from the Glasgow reserve list. Maybe that will help a tiny bit---as we know, we DON'T know where on the list we are but I hope it helps you guys.

Just one more thing- I was the most unlikely candidate, messed up one interview so did not have much hope at all to get this. So just in case you had a similar feeling ---you honestly never know! All fingers crossed! :)
Congratulations!!
Thank you for the news. Apparently there is some movement on the final day. Since Glasgow doesn't rank it would be hard to tell where you were, but I'm glad it all worked out for you. Have fun celebrating this weekend :cheers:

catlc

Post by catlc » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:28 pm

I removed myself from the Glasgow reserve list today too..