The Great Big Progress Thread for 2015

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
stargazerlilli

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2015

Post by stargazerlilli » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:21 pm

firegal wrote:
stargazerlilli wrote:Plymouth
Herts
Leeds

Birmingham

:? Cream cakes all round!
All the hugs and cakes, we can eat eclairs together while we wait for Birmingham.
I'm in with you Firegal! :oops: Good luck!
"When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new".

firegal
Team Member

Post by firegal » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:23 pm

ogglebog wrote:
marsupialmama wrote:emails recalled? :shock:
yeah someone was saying they recieved an email saying they had been offered an interview, then it was recalled, then resent. so weird.

I will wait for my letter then send some feedback.
UEL did something similar last year where emails went out (definitely rejection emails, possibly interview offers too) then a few minutes later an email went out saying "Please ignore the previous email" just to give you a little hope....and then the rejection email arrived again. Horrible. Suppose there are always going to be glitches, just never fun to be on the receiving end.

moony

Post by moony » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:33 pm

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Happy to report UEL :lol: Just did a mini happy dance around my kitchen. Mostly just relieved it's not another total wipeout of a year!
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

Toria2013

Post by Toria2013 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:36 pm

moony wrote:Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Happy to report UEL :lol: Just did a mini happy dance around my kitchen. Mostly just relieved it's not another total wipeout of a year!

YAY! Congratulations :) I'm still waiting for any news :( but i was four reds last year too!

firegal
Team Member

Post by firegal » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:37 pm

:cheers:

Strelitzia

Post by Strelitzia » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:37 pm

I probably will send some feedback when the official deadline is past. I just wasn't sure how this would be received and if it looks as if I am bitter! As I say this is all new to me despite being an 'older' graduate. There are parts of the process I feel cpuld be managed better for applicants.

I really wasn't expecting anything so I'm not that disappointed with the unsuccessful outcomes I have received so far as I have had that many for jobs! I do have one positive result which had totally freaked me out as I never expected to get any further and I am sort of not thinking about it until my last result is in!

shh

Post by shh » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:42 pm

Essex
Hertfordshire
Leeds

UEL

Fingers crossed for UEL. First time applying and I must say despite my expectations being low the rejection hurts :(
Good luck everyone! x

moony

Post by moony » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:44 pm

Thanks firegal and Toria! Got my fingers crossed for lots of happy dancing in your near future too :)
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

shh

Post by shh » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:45 pm

Congrats !!!
Did you get an email or a letter?

Contrarian

Post by Contrarian » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:51 pm

I want to know how I fared on the 3 tasks for UEL :shock: Might be helpful if I have to apply in the future and its part of the selection process again.

moony

Post by moony » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:51 pm

shh wrote:

Congrats !!!
A letter. Ran home at lunch time to check. Totally worth the rushing about :)

Contrarian

Post by Contrarian » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:59 pm

moony wrote:
shh wrote:

Congrats !!!
A letter. Ran home at lunch time to check. Totally worth the rushing about :)
Congratulations ;)

stargazerlilli

Post by stargazerlilli » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:26 pm

Gah...I just wish Birmingham would hurry up and get back to us all...

I got home to find my Plymouth letter unopened in the bin! My boyf mixed up our letters thinking it was his junk mail and chucked it in before throwing food on top... When he called to see how I had fared, I had to go digging :!: but ironically, thats where it belonged anyway! Lovely Ha! :|
"When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new".

ell

Post by ell » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:29 pm

stargazerlilli wrote:Gah...I just wish Birmingham would hurry up and get back to us all...

I got home to find my Plymouth letter unopened in the bin! My boyf mixed up our letters thinking it was his junk mail and chucked it in before throwing food on top... When he called to see how I had fared, I had to go digging :!: but ironically, thats where it belonged anyway! Lovely Ha! :|
This is one of the best rejection letter stories I have ever heard! (although I would much rather have heard an interview offer story :wink: )

Toria2013

Post by Toria2013 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:34 pm

Well no post and nothing online yet. A couple more hours and we can stop checking i suppose!