Reserve lists

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
sunshine1985

Re: Reserve lists

Post by sunshine1985 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:38 am

Thanks to everyone posting updates on various reserve lists as it's helpful to see how much movement is happening already. Does anyone have an update on RHUL reserve list an whether this has moved yet?

kitkat2345

Post by kitkat2345 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:27 am

Kiwicm wrote:Hi everyone,

I want to see if there are other people out there on the Southampton reserve list (I know there are, 'cause I'm no.7).

Am I right that they have their interviews earlier this year than previous years? And so leaving us in an anxiety fuelled unpredictable limbo!? Also, not being a resident in the UK long means my geography-based attempts to get a better sense of this limbo (reviewing other course centres and their interview dates) are short of futile...

If anyone has any info on Southampton, it would be appreciated!

Also, fingers crossed for everyone sitting on these lists! Best of luck!!

I'm also on the reserve for Southampton! I'm number 4 but haven't heard anything! Not sure if it's even moved to be honest :?

laureni88

Post by laureni88 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:24 pm

kitkat2345 wrote:

I want to see if there are other people out there on the Southampton reserve list (I know there are, 'cause I'm no.7).

Am I right that they have their interviews earlier this year than previous years? And so leaving us in an anxiety fuelled unpredictable limbo!? Also, not being a resident in the UK long means my geography-based attempts to get a better sense of this limbo (reviewing other course centres and their interview dates) are short of futile...

I'm also on the reserve for Southampton! I'm number 4 but haven't heard anything! Not sure if it's even moved to be honest :?

Don't have any useful update I'm afraid but I know they are interviewing earlier than they usually do. I was no.9 on reserve list last year and did get called for an interview, I know in previous years they have gone down to no.15. Last year (in my anxious state!) I emailed them directly and asked if there had been any movement and they were able to tell me if my position had changed which was really helpful/more anxiety provoking!
Good luck :)

kiora

Post by kiora » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:29 pm

Just turned down a Lancaster interview- good luck to the lancaster reserve who nabs the spot! :)

edit-just heard there is no reserve list for lancaster!? false alarm, sorry :l

hope those spots keep moving for you reserve listers!*

BenJMan

Post by BenJMan » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:46 pm

kiora wrote:Just turned down a Lancaster interview- good luck to the lancaster reserve who nabs the spot! :)

edit-just heard there is no reserve list for lancaster!? false alarm, sorry :l

hope those spots keep moving for you reserve listers!*
Yea no Lancs reserve for interviews, only for places!
I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people ~ Maya Angelou.

Lp22

Post by Lp22 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:06 am

Still can't believe I was fortunate enough to have a choice about where to study on a course. :mrgreen:

I've now confirmed Sheffield as my choice, meaning the reserve list at Trent has moved by one :) Congratulations to whoever was next on the list :D I was also somewhere on the Manchester reserve list.

Hockeygirl

Post by Hockeygirl » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:44 am

I'm now on the Teesside Reserve list- last year they gave us a number, this year I don't have one, anybody else on it?

rothko26

Post by rothko26 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:54 pm

kitkat2345 wrote:

Hi there,

I was reserve #2 for Southampton and am now interviewing... So there has been some movement! All the best!

Kiwicm

Post by Kiwicm » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:28 pm

rothko26 wrote: Hi everyone,

Am I right that they have their interviews earlier this year than previous years? And so leaving us in an anxiety fuelled unpredictable limbo!? Also, not being a resident in the UK long means my geography-based attempts to get a better sense of this limb

Hi there,

I was reserve #2 for Southampton and am now interviewing... So there has been some movement! All the best!
Rothko26,

That is great news, congratulations! Thanks for the update! I would feel like I am harassing the admin by emailing to ask :(

Fingers crossed for other reserve list peeps! :D

BurntCynic

Post by BurntCynic » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:15 pm

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has rejected their UEL interview? Really struggling to revise for an interview that may not materialise.

Apologies if someone has already posted regarding UEL reserve lists and I've just missed it.

Thank you!

kk123

Post by kk123 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:28 am

I will be training at Trent so will remove myself from the Newcastle reserve list(No 9) and also Teeside reserve place.

moony

Post by moony » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:39 am

Don't suppose anyone's turned down an Edinburgh interview yet?

I want to get an idea of whether or not the list is moving (I suspect it won't move too much until after Glasgow interviews). I'm trying to decide whether I want to book time off work / trains back up north. Worst comes to the worst and I don't get called in I can at least spend a few days with family and friends in Scotland who are long overdue for a vist.
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

sarah14

Post by sarah14 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:41 am

So there has been a little more movement on the Leeds interview reserve list- I am now number 9 (was originally 13). Seeing as there is less than 2 weeks to go I am really unsure of my chances but keeping my fingers crossed!

Anyone else on the Leeds reserve?

firegal
Team Member

Post by firegal » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:40 pm

Just landed myself a place on the Exeter reserve list for a place. No idea how long the list is or where I am on it though :(

alexh

Post by alexh » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:32 pm

It vexes me greatly that this thread combines interview and place reserve lists.