Bath - Statement of Values

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
moony

Bath - Statement of Values

Post by moony » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:10 pm

Hi everyone,

I emailed my Statement of Values to Bath last night but haven't had a reply from them.

Did anyone else get a confirmation email or should I just safely assume it's arrived ok?

Clinical anxiety starting early this year it seems ;)
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

Ger

Re: Bath - Statement of Values

Post by Ger » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:25 pm

Hey, I have to complete a Statement of Values. Just wondering what kinda stuff should I be putting in?

yorkshirepysch

Post by yorkshirepysch » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:01 pm

I didn't receive a confirmation email - so please tell me if you do end up getting one! haha

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:04 pm

Ger wrote:Hey, I have to complete a Statement of Values. Just wondering what kinda stuff should I be putting in?
Presumably they've given you some guidance, i.e. what it should be about, rather than just simply asked you to "submit a statement of values" without any further information as to what they're after?
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.

yorkshirepysch

Post by yorkshirepysch » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:53 pm

BlueCat wrote:
Ger wrote:Hey, I have to complete a Statement of Values. Just wondering what kinda stuff should I be putting in?
Presumably they've given you some guidance, i.e. what it should be about, rather than just simply asked you to "submit a statement of values" without any further information as to what they're after?
Yes, full guidance is given as to what they expect to be written. Ger, it gives you a question which you need to answer. Only you can answer it as it concerns your personal values....

FunkyB

Post by FunkyB » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:17 pm

Hiya!
Sorry if this is a daft question or not allowed but I am really struggling with this aspect of the application and wondered if anyone may be able to clarify something for me please: Obviously I know what my values are and how I put them into practice during my work, but I'm unsure as to whether just putting this down is sufficient, or whether this is intended to be a more reflective piece?! My original thinking was that I should just talk about how I fit with the ethos, NHS constitution etc, but then my supervisor mentioned reflection when briefly discussing her application to Bath (which was a few years ago and I'd imagine the question has changed since then)... I am so confused and probably over thinking the whole thing after having agonised over it for the last few weeks :s any feedback would be massively appreciated :)

maggie83

Post by maggie83 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:35 pm

I got an automatic reply from Bath, just saying that due to high volumes of emails they don't reply individually and please take that as confirmation that it was received...