UEL Selection tests

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Stephhhhaniee

Re: UEL Selection tests

Post by Stephhhhaniee » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:46 pm

I have just had the second link sent through by email! I completed the first part last week! Good luck everyone! :D

theelaughingcow

Post by theelaughingcow » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:10 pm

Hi all, just to say UEL have sent out test 3: Ravens Advanced Progressive Matrices, so check your emails as I know some people didn't receive test 1/2 :)

moony

Post by moony » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:25 pm

Sweet Jesus, wish I hadn't received test number 3. That was impossible! I didn't even finish before the timer ran out. Suspect I may have just blown my chances at a UEL interview.

Feeling a little jaded and sceptical. How is pattern recognition supposed to determine who'll make a good trainee?!
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

Stephhhhaniee

Post by Stephhhhaniee » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:55 pm

Yep the third test was pretty tough to say the least. I found many of them impossible to be sure of so a lot of mine were guesses towards the end. I reckon most people will be in the same boat though so we will just have to wait and see.

I too find it difficult to see how useful the matrix test can be for short listing clinical trainees. :? I think the other two had far more relevance!

Geishawife
Team Member

Post by Geishawife » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:06 pm

moony wrote: How is pattern recognition supposed to determine who'll make a good trainee
Flexibility of thinking? Performance under pressure? Adaptability?

moony

Post by moony » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:57 pm

Geishawife wrote:
moony wrote: How is pattern recognition supposed to determine who'll make a good trainee
Flexibility of thinking? Performance under pressure? Adaptability?
I know, I was being annoyed and irrational because I hadn't done very well. I can see the value of using it, it just frustrates me that there's a need for it, and I didn't do very well at it.

No point preseverating right? The next few weeks while we all wait to hear back are going to seem loooooong.
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

nancycruz

Post by nancycruz » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:42 am

I'm finding it so difficult to commit to completing the final two tests!

egykata

Post by egykata » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:30 pm

That they call it Talent Lens and that I have never been invited to an interview to UEL makes me think that I am not talented. :roll: About to take the second test now...