The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Flickk

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by Flickk » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:13 pm

SuzC wrote:First time applying

Surrey :D
UCL
IOPPN
Royal Holloway

Getting increasingly anxious as the days go on. I know historically my 3 other choices are often some of the last to reply, but just means I'm spending longer and longer on this page waiting for updates

Haha we've applied to exactly the same places, I also have an interview at Surrey, and ditto first time applying! :o :lol: Best of luck everyone!

mm89

Post by mm89 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:13 pm

Manchester
Lancaster (just done verbal reasoning, giving myself a bit more time to practice the numerical one!)
Leeds
Liverpool

1st time applying so hoping for the best!

Owl123

Post by Owl123 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:22 pm

OK so after hovering over this forum all last year I've decided to actually join in this year! :) managed to get a reserve offer for a place for both Manchester and Liverpool last year, but I didn't progress beyond that. Going to try type this in the right colours as I'm a newbie ha! This year so far I'm:
Sheffield
Manchester
Leeds
Liverpool

But gutted with Manchester given that I got so far last year, but trying to keep positive for the other 2. :)

moony

Post by moony » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:32 am

From memory, and dates, I'm pretty sure that UCL will let us know next week. Pure speculation, but given previous timelines, that's what I'm thinking.

Last year was a bit strange, I got a rejection email at about 7am on a Monday morning, but those selected for interview got letters a day or two after. Does that sound right to everyone else?
SuzC wrote:First time applying

Surrey :D
UCL
IOPPN
Royal Holloway

Getting increasingly anxious as the days go on. I know historically my 3 other choices are often some of the last to reply, but just means I'm spending longer and longer on this page waiting for updates
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

Esme

Post by Esme » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:43 pm

Hi guys, I'm another hoverer! I've been lurking for the past few years so thought I would finally post!

Third time applying and so far it looks like this:

Manchester
Coventry
Birmingham
Staffs

I hope those colours worked, I'm posting off my phone so not sure I've done it right. Was hoping to hear from Cov on Friday, as that was the date they notified last year. I'm sure I'm not the only one constantly refreshing my emails at the minute!

persephone56

Post by persephone56 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:43 pm

moony wrote:From memory, and dates, I'm pretty sure that UCL will let us know next week. Pure speculation, but given previous timelines, that's what I'm thinking.
]
Yeah, I'm expecting to hear from Oxford and UCL next week. Going by previous years, Oxford could be Monday or Tuesday :shock:

PsychBrainiac

The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by PsychBrainiac » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:48 pm

persephone56 wrote: Yeah, I'm expecting to hear from Oxford and UCL next week. Going by previous years, Oxford could be Monday or Tuesday :shock:
I hope so regarding Oxford - will be good to know! Good luck :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
To to ro Totoro To to ro Totoro

Sanskaras

Post by Sanskaras » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:30 pm

First time applying, I've been lurking on here for about a year and thought I would get involved. People weren't exaggerating about how stressful this process is!

So far:

Manchester
Liverpool
Staffordshire
Lancaster

Trying not to expect anything from my first year applying but as I'm a little older that the average first-timer (27) I'm feeling the pressure a little!

persephone56

Post by persephone56 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:16 pm

PsychBrainiac wrote:
persephone56 wrote: Yeah, I'm expecting to hear from Oxford and UCL next week. Going by previous years, Oxford could be Monday or Tuesday :shock:
I hope so regarding Oxford - will be good to know! Good luck :-)
Thanks, you too! :D

Jaydemma

Post by Jaydemma » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:30 pm

Sheffield
Coventry & Warwick
Leeds
Liverpool

4th time applying and not a good start..

moony

Post by moony » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:03 pm

I was really hoping to get some news from UCL today. The waiting is killing me. I applied to courses which traditionally get back with offers of interview a little later in the process.

Irony is I was teaching a class on relaxation and stress management this morning. Time to try and practice what I preach!
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

hiccup

Post by hiccup » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:05 pm

That's quite funny moony - maybe you can give me tips on how to stop stressing. I'm in a similar boat, I was convinced Oxford would let people know today, for some reason, and am getting increasingly frustrated at the silence :roll:
If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.
- A. A. Milne, Winnie The Pooh

persephone56

Post by persephone56 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:31 pm

I'm -0800 GMT, so if responses are sent out via email in the morning or early afternoon, it would be in my inbox by the time I wake up. I was so sure that Oxford would release today that I woke up about every hour last night with the urge to check my phone :roll: .

But then again, Oxford have also pushed their interviews back by a few weeks, so maybe they'll take longer to let us know this year?

hiccup

Post by hiccup » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:50 pm

I didn't realise the dates for the Oxford interviews had changed. :shock: Suddenly it seems unlikely that they'll tell us today or tomorrow then..
If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.
- A. A. Milne, Winnie The Pooh

persephone56

Post by persephone56 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:38 pm

hiccup wrote:I didn't realise the dates for the Oxford interviews had changed. :shock: Suddenly it seems unlikely that they'll tell us today or tomorrow then..
I think they have changed to a few weeks later. They're mid-April this year, but I feel like they were March last year. I remembering trying to plan out when interviews would happen in the event I'd need to fly over for them, and Oxford were one of the earlier courses.

I could be totally wrong though :lol: