The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Beg1990

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by Beg1990 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:07 pm

First time applying :)

Bath
Birmingham
South Wales
Exeter

I'm excited at the rejection haha!

chikeree17

Post by chikeree17 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:08 pm

RhubarbCrumble wrote:Sat here with my 4 blacks like, did I even send off my application?
Me too!!! Where did you apply? Maybe we're waiting to hear from the same places

Jenjo2804

Post by Jenjo2804 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:16 pm

First time applying so both excited (allowed myself a small fist pump) and apprehensive (allowed myself a brief moment of ahhh of course my interview is 9am on the 14th March -.-) to report a green! :mrgreen:

Leicester
Staffordshire
Trent
Sheffield

Good luck everybody - well done for all of these greens coming in and love to all of the reds too.

:cyclops:

RhubarbCrumble

Post by RhubarbCrumble » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:25 pm

chikeree17 wrote:
RhubarbCrumble wrote:Sat here with my 4 blacks like, did I even send off my application?

Plymouth, Exeter, IOPPN, South Wales...

chikeree17

Post by chikeree17 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:39 pm

RhubarbCrumble wrote:
chikeree17 wrote:

I'm waiting on Exeter and South Wales as well as Lancaster and Southampton.

Hopefully we'll both hear something soon

Charlottecgc

Post by Charlottecgc » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:33 pm

In the same boat - but thanks for making me laugh out loud, feeling really in tune with my client's hypervigilance!!

PsychBrainiac

The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by PsychBrainiac » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:34 am

chikeree17 wrote:
RhubarbCrumble wrote:
chikeree17 wrote: Me too!!! Where did you apply? Maybe we're waiting to hear from the same places

IoPPN, Oxford, RHUL and Southampton here! I did start to wonder the same thing...

Fingers crossed we hear something today! 8 days to go...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To to ro Totoro To to ro Totoro

dataDyneDaz

Post by dataDyneDaz » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:24 am

Sheffield
Leicester
Leeds
IoPPN

Not looking good... :|

Shmit

Post by Shmit » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:29 pm

AnsweringBell wrote:
Shmit wrote:So far...

Sheffield
Leicester
Birmingham
Trent (test on Mon)

Let's see how Leics reserve list moves. Conscious that it's during the first week though!
You'd be surprised by how much 1st week interviews can move sometimes! :) I don't know about Leicester, but I know one of the early ones moved 13 last year. It's a great result anyway and not at all out of the realm of possibility. Congrats!
That's interesting Answeringbell, fingers crossed as I'm quite high up on the reserves :). Do people happen to know whether Leicester lets you know another about their interview day? They didn't provide any extra information on the letter for my reserve place, but would be helpful to know as I will have to do some 'just in case' revision! Thanks

iamgroot

Post by iamgroot » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:57 pm

Lol! :lol: Same here; waiting for the Scottish and Irish unis.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:05 pm

moony wrote:
Pixie wrote:Surrey
Bath
IoPPN
South Wales

What an emotional roller coaster this process is! Just when despair followed from my first red I get a green so want to encourage all those still waiting not to give up hope. God luck everyone :o)

Don't suppose you'd take a bribe for that interview place. ;) :lol:
Hi Moony - Sure, as long as your bribe includes unlimited personal training from Jessie Pavelka, a liftime supply of Green & Black's chocolate (which indicates why I need personal training!), an alternative career option and an apricot cockapoo puppy thrown in for good measure!!

Will be keeping my fingers crossed that the list moves and hope you get the interview.

Pixie

GMT

Post by GMT » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:59 pm

UEA
UEL
Lancaster
Birmingham
UCD
“What is to give light must endure burning.” - Dr. Viktor Frankl

moony

Post by moony » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:53 pm

Pixie wrote:
Hi Moony - Sure, as long as your bribe includes unlimited personal training from Jessie Pavelka, a liftime supply of Green & Black's chocolate (which indicates why I need personal training!), an alternative career option and an apricot cockapoo puppy thrown in for good measure!!

Will be keeping my fingers crossed that the list moves and hope you get the interview.

Pixie

I can't even be envious of your interview any more, you seem too nice. Those are the best bribe requests I've ever seen! A PT, quality chocolate and a puppy. I couldn't give you those bribes (even if I could arrange them!) because I'd want them too much myself.

Good luck with the interview(s)! Will keep my fingers crossed that list moves! Bath would be amazing :)
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

ogglebog

Post by ogglebog » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:58 pm

chikeree17 wrote:
me too!! I'm waiting on Leeds, Newcastle and Teesside. I've seen other people waiting on Leeds but haven't seen anyone else saying they've applied for Newcastle or Teesside

persephone56

Post by persephone56 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:31 pm

I'm trying to reframe my thinking for the next 8 days. Rather than fretting and stressing about when the courses are going to let us know, I'm going to try to enjoy this period when I can happily believe that Oxford [or insert other uni here] really want to interview me :lol: . A "no" is so definitive, but a "maybe" can be positive! My Canadian colleagues are all very impressed when they hear that I have applied to Oxford and I don't want to spoil it for them by getting a rejection :D