The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Hockeygirl

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by Hockeygirl » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:05 pm

Randomswirls wrote:Oh hockey I think I remember your posts last year around Teesside hopefully you will have two more greens!

Hi Random! Yes, was reserves last year, and ended up number 1 reserve the year before, so no idea what's happened this year! It's so frustrating!

moony

Post by moony » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:32 am

Wonder who we're going to hear from today. Please God UEL. Can't stand the waiting anymore!

Currently:
UEL
Edinburgh
Bath
UCL

It's a long week isn't it?
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

HappyDaysToo

Post by HappyDaysToo » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:42 am

1st time applying and waiting to hear from Glasgow.

I understand that their deadline for letting you know about interview status is 21 March but I see from previous posts we might hear as early as 11th.....it has been a long wait since the application was submitted!

laydee89

Post by laydee89 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:15 am

Hockeygirl wrote:
Randomswirls wrote:Oh hockey I think I remember your posts last year around Teesside hopefully you will have two more greens!

Hi Random! Yes, was reserves last year, and ended up number 1 reserve the year before, so no idea what's happened this year! It's so frustrating!
I'm so sorry to hear that Hockeygirl, I can imagine how frustrated and upset you are :( this whole process makes no sense at times. Good luck for your other two, really hope they come back green for you!!

dataDyneDaz

Post by dataDyneDaz » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:19 am

Leeds
Leicester
IoPPN
Sheffield

Roll on 2017...

my delirium

Post by my delirium » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:22 am

I am still waiting on all 4 of my courses (Herts, Oxford, Southampton and Cov/Warwick), looking forward to the weekend!

moony

Post by moony » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:24 am

HappyDaysToo wrote:1st time applying and waiting to hear from Glasgow.

I understand that their deadline for letting you know about interview status is 21 March but I see from previous posts we might hear as early as 11th.....it has been a long wait since the application was submitted!
http://www.leeds.ac.uk/chpccp/Next.html

You'll definitely hear back by the 11th, as this is the deadline for ALL courses. Glasgow and Edinburgh are traditionally last to let you know, as the Scottish courses are a little tricker to organise with all the healthboards. Edinburgh have always got back to me on deadline day, though granted, one year I think I got the email at about 7pm on the Friday.
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

HappyDaysToo

Post by HappyDaysToo » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:43 am

moony wrote:http://www.leeds.ac.uk/chpccp/Next.html

You'll definitely hear back by the 11th, as this is the deadline for ALL courses. Glasgow and Edinburgh are traditionally last to let you know, as the Scottish courses are a little tricker to organise with all the healthboards. Edinburgh have always got back to me on deadline day, though granted, one year I think I got the email at about 7pm on the Friday.
Thanks very much for the reply moony, I am not sure where I got the 21st from?! Not as long to wait as I thought and fab to know that I'll hear by the weekend - whole weekend to celebrate (keeping positive) or drown the sorrows....!

Spatch

Post by Spatch » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:06 am

Respect to everyone who has posted their reds.

It's easy to post success, but takes far more to open up about rejection, and most won't. However, please do as there is comfort in numbers and the more people that do post red shows the brutal reality of the process. If people only post interviews and offers (like in some years) it gives a hideously skewed picture that it's only you without offers, when the truth is very different.

I wrote a post last year, a sort of open letter to applicants (that I can't find someone else can link if they find it), after shortlisting which may be useful for some of the first timers.
Shameless plug alert:

Irrelevant Experience: The Secret Diary of an Assistant Psychologist is available at Amazon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Irrelevant-Expe ... 00EQFE5JW/

Beanster

Post by Beanster » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:23 am

Second time applying...

Exeter

Oxford

Southampton

South Wales

Roll on Friday :bom:

Si77

Post by Si77 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:35 am

Second time applying...

Lancaster
Glasgow
Edinburgh
Newcastle

Good luck to all

cassiecat

Post by cassiecat » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:07 pm

First time applying...

Trent
Birmingham
Manchester
Liverpool

ThereIsAlwaysCake

Post by ThereIsAlwaysCake » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:15 pm

Another rolls in - Leeds. A bit disappointed as I had an interview here last year, but to be honest did not make a strong showing, so I'm grateful that I made the reserve list.

Leeds
Manchester
Sheffield

Trent

ChipChip

Post by ChipChip » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:15 pm

First time applying (I'm 29) was an experiment really to see how the process works and what response I might get...

Sheffield
Leeds
Manchester
Trent

Completely surprised by Sheffield but not expecting an interview to materialise. Manchester I applied for because I felt like I needed a fourth but it would never have been doable for me anyway. Just waiting on Trent results but not holding my breath. Once I saw the number of applicants it really put into perspective how much this process is not personal. I have a plan B, a plan C and a possible plan D so I'm not too upset/worried.

Good Luck everyone!
Chip

Hopeful2016

Post by Hopeful2016 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:18 pm

Spatch wrote:Respect to everyone who has posted their reds.

It's easy to post success, but takes far more to open up about rejection, and most won't. However, please do as there is comfort in numbers and the more people that do post red shows the brutal reality of the process. If people only post interviews and offers (like in some years) it gives a hideously skewed picture that it's only you without offers, when the truth is very different.

I wrote a post last year, a sort of open letter to applicants (that I can't find someone else can link if they find it), after shortlisting which may be useful for some of the first timers.
Thanks Spatch. Kind of feel disheartened with all the reserves and interviews, but this post made me feel a little better! :D The open letter would be really useful if anyone can find it??

edit- I have posted 3 out of 4 reds in a previous post
Last edited by Hopeful2016 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.