The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Esme

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by Esme » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:56 pm

LeanneL wrote:

Good point, I really do not think that he understands the tension! He is actually babysitting tonight (we have a two year old) so that I can go to the pub with my friend and "reflect" on the whole process so I win I suppose.

And if you could teach your dog those things you would possibly be in the wrong profession ha ha. That sucks about 3 though. I have (unfortunately for my manager) mentally checked out for the week. I work in a rehab unit so I am working on next weeks activity plans and putting in outrageous day trips! Good Luck!!!!
I can't believe it- no post! I'm more than a little bit cross that Coventry didn't email or send their letters earlier as now the deadline has passed and I still don't know. I can't believe I have to go through this for at least another day and it's typical that Coventry is my first choice uni! Glad I've got a nice full day tomorrow to keep me busy.

becky1989

Post by becky1989 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:03 pm

Esme wrote:
LeanneL wrote:

Good point, I really do not think that he understands the tension! He is actually babysitting tonight (we have a two year old) so that I can go to the pub with my friend and "reflect" on the whole process so I win I suppose.

And if you could teach your dog those things you would possibly be in the wrong profession ha ha. That sucks about 3 though. I have (unfortunately for my manager) mentally checked out for the week. I work in a rehab unit so I am working on next weeks activity plans and putting in outrageous day trips! Good Luck!!!!
I can't believe it- no post! I'm more than a little bit cross that Coventry didn't email or send their letters earlier as now the deadline has passed and I still don't know. I can't believe I have to go through this for at least another day and it's typical that Coventry is my first choice uni! Glad I've got a nice full day tomorrow to keep me busy.

Esme have you checked the clearing house?? My Coventry result is on there, may be worth checking. Fingers crossed for you

egykata

Post by egykata » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:07 pm

3rd year applying. After two interviews last year I feel very confused as I have added new relevant experiences to my application this year and expected to get at least two interviews with the same unis.
UEL
UCL
IOP
RHUL

:(

Esme

Post by Esme » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:15 pm

Thanks Becky1989- it wasn't there an hour and a half ago and now it is!
Unfortunately it's coventry for me. Which is especially devastating when I interviewed there last year, really felt it was the course for me.

Must pick myself up and focus on the 2 interviews I'm very fortunate to have.

craftylady

Post by craftylady » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:54 pm

So glad all the waiting is done for the interviews! Now just to prepare.

Glasgow
Edinburgh
Manchester
Newcastle

Randomswirls
Team Member

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016l

Post by Randomswirls » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:20 pm

So far I am!

Sad about Herts as it was my top choice but my goal was one interview for this year and that is what I have!
herts
Ucl
Salomons
leeds

firegal
Team Member

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016l

Post by firegal » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:14 am

Randomswirls wrote:So far I am!

Sad about Herts as it was my top choice but my goal was one interview for this year and that is what I have!
herts
Ucl
Salomons
leeds
Nooooo! But we were gonna be Herts interview buddies :cry:

ypsilon

Post by ypsilon » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:00 am

Glad that's over :)

Staffordshire
Lancaster
Liverpool
Manchester

wecarealot

Post by wecarealot » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:33 am

persephone56 wrote:I'm a little thrown by how upset I feel about my 3 reds. I think once I got that first green, I kind of thought they'd all be similarly impressed with me!

I know we all say that all it takes is 1, but it definitely feels very scary to have everything pinned on that one.

Oxford said they're interviewing 54 people for 17 places, so it's a little over 3 interviewees per place (I'm assuming most will be similar).
Edinburgh were 90 for 28 my year so yes, also 3:1. It's better odds than most AP posts!

Sushiroll

Post by Sushiroll » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:37 pm

Did Birmingham send both rejections and invites by email?

nattyp

Post by nattyp » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:03 pm

Third time applying

Birmingham
Staffordshire
Coventry & Warwick
Leicester

Welly28

Post by Welly28 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:44 pm

I'm on the reserve list for an interview at Cov & Warwick... They don't give you a number but just wondering if anyone has any idea about their reserve list. Anyone know how many reserves they usually have?

Birmingham
Cov & Warwick
Oxford
Trent (got a reserve place last year!)

boundless

Post by boundless » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:02 pm

Bath
Leicester
Cov & Warwick
Birmingham

Convincing myself that Birmingham have sent me an interview email by mistake as my clearing house hasn't changed to 'Invited to Interview' yet! :lol: Why do we do this to ourselves?

Congrats and happy prepping to the greens, and commiserations to the reds.

askeo

Post by askeo » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:24 pm

Third time applying:

UEL - no idea what number or anything.
IOPPN
RHUL
Plymouth.

Gutted. Congrats to all greens.

PsyJason

Post by PsyJason » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:36 pm