The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Post Reply
Hockeygirl
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:49 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by Hockeygirl » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:44 pm

Newcastle

Quite far down, so never going to happen.

Third year applying. I'm going to go and swear loudly now.

alamont17
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:49 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by alamont17 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:01 pm

Flickk wrote:Mm just rumours and trickles through the grapevine.. but heard a lot of talk about halving (and eventually removing) funding for trainees :| There was also a government paper published earlier this year talking about creating a post-grad title for applicants who have attained 1 year full time as an assistant, and that this will be a prerequisite for the Doctorate..

Not intending to scaremonger though, they are just rumours after all
Thought i would share the link to the Government paper so people can have a read if they want.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... report.pdf

User avatar
Lilly
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:21 am

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by Lilly » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:14 pm

I'm a little bit shocked to post this but

BATH

This is my 8th or 9th year of applications and after I dont know how many rejections and reserves, many of which have been quite high reserves, I have finally cracked it! Bath has always been my first choice so I will be withdrawing from my Liverpool interview and RH reserve list as soon as I get something in writing! Look forward to meeting any other Bath Trainees in Sept/Oct.

Best of luck to everyone, its a hard and sometimes very gruelling process.
Forever blowing bubbles....

Pixie
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:44 am

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by Pixie » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:43 pm

Lilly wrote:I'm a little bit shocked to post this but

BATH

This is my 8th or 9th year of applications and after I dont know how many rejections and reserves, many of which have been quite high reserves, I have finally cracked it! Bath has always been my first choice so I will be withdrawing from my Liverpool interview and RH reserve list as soon as I get something in writing! Look forward to meeting any other Bath Trainees in Sept/Oct.

Best of luck to everyone, its a hard and sometimes very gruelling process.

Well done, Lilly. Lovely to see your perseverance has paid off. I've been offered a place at Bath, too. SO excited!

User avatar
Lilly
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:21 am

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by Lilly » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:13 pm

Well done pixie! Which day did you interview? Are you going to accept your place?
Forever blowing bubbles....

Seraphina26
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:26 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by Seraphina26 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:15 pm

Huge congratulations lily! And thank you for posting , giving me some hope for the future,now celebrate! :D

User avatar
BlueCat
Site Admin
Posts: 2844
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:42 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by BlueCat » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:23 pm

BlueCat wrote:Really pleased to see clinpsy's first places offered :)

If you could take a minute to contribute to our ongoing surveys that would be great! We've been doing these since 2010, and I think it is really helpful to track people's trajectories.

How many times did you apply viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8733

and how many years after graduation viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8809

Great to see some outcomes for people, if you could spare a moment to add to our poll, that would be great :)

There's also a thread "what experience did you have when you got on training" which I think is a useful resource for applicants to see the sorts of profiles of people who are successful viewtopic.php?f=32&t=145

If you could take a minute to contribute to this, that would be fab.
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.

Pixie
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:44 am

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by Pixie » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:32 pm

Lilly wrote:Well done pixie! Which day did you interview? Are you going to accept your place?
Thanks, I was there on Tuesday and was in the last group to be interviewed. How about you? I've got one London interview to go (it's a better location for me) but I loved everything about the Bath course so I need to sleep on it before deciding. Am still too surprised and delighted to be making coherent decisions today. Well done again!

nicolaannolive
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:43 am

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by nicolaannolive » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:53 pm

Congratulations on the places everyone!!!

Lilly-your success has made me smile, well done for persevering and getting a great result. As a long timer too your post is really inspirational and fills me with hope.

User avatar
firegal
Team Member
Posts: 566
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:55 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by firegal » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:20 pm

Still in shock

Birmingham!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally done it, 5(2) applications in ;) (5 really but should be 2)
Can I just say, as someone who has had quite a few posts where I was the only psych person, or the only person on the clinical treadmill, this forum has been a lifeline - you helped me when my AP post was going horribly and making me miserable, you helped when I was faced with PhD/Clinical decisions, and the hours spent in livechat talking through vignettes and venting frustrations have been completely invaluable.

I love you guys :mrgreen:

User avatar
persephone56
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:37 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by persephone56 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:25 pm

Well done firegal!! Ahhh I'm so delighted for you!!

User avatar
Geishawife
Team Member
Posts: 828
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:10 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by Geishawife » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:26 pm

Soooo Pleased for you, Firegal. Such a well deserved result!!

Randomswirls
Team Member
Posts: 511
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:21 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by Randomswirls » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:32 pm

Yay fire I am sooooo happy for you!

AnsweringBell
Posts: 481
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:01 am

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by AnsweringBell » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:33 pm

firegal wrote:Still in shock

Birmingham!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally done it, 5(2) applications in ;) (5 really but should be 2)
Can I just say, as someone who has had quite a few posts where I was the only psych person, or the only person on the clinical treadmill, this forum has been a lifeline - you helped me when my AP post was going horribly and making me miserable, you helped when I was faced with PhD/Clinical decisions, and the hours spent in livechat talking through vignettes and venting frustrations have been completely invaluable.

I love you guys :mrgreen:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sozza
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:13 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by sozza » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:35 pm

Such excellent news, Firegal. Well done!! :) whoop whoop!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Mermind and 13 guests