Turned down interviews

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
KiceSie

Re: Turned down interviews

Post by KiceSie » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:26 am

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that there should be movement on the lists for Bath, Southampton, and Royal Holloway as I've withdrawn from these interviews. Good luck!

moony

Post by moony » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:12 pm

KiceSie wrote:Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that there should be movement on the lists for Bath, Southampton, and Royal Holloway as I've withdrawn from these interviews. Good luck!
I'd have been SO excited by this if Bath hadn't told us all that they're not interviewing anyone on the reserve list anymore. Still a disappointed. Bath would've been my first choice and had all my hopes on that reserve list moving!

Thanks for the update though and HUGE congrats on being offered a place :D
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

KiceSie

Post by KiceSie » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:02 pm

moony wrote:
KiceSie wrote:Hi everyone,

I'd have been SO excited by this if Bath hadn't told us all that they're not interviewing anyone on the reserve list anymore. Still a disappointed. Bath would've been my first choice and had all my hopes on that reserve list moving!

Thanks for the update though and HUGE congrats on being offered a place :D
I'm really sorry to hear that- it seems strange to have a reserve list and not use it. Fingers crossed for you if you have any other interviews/reserves this year (even if you had your heart set on Bath, you may find somewhere else surprises you and is a great fit!), and if not then hopefully next year will be your year :D

Thank you- still can't quite believe it!

Daenerys

Post by Daenerys » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:19 am

I will be withdrawing from the Cardiff interview in the next few days - good luck whoever gets it!
“Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.” Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

lglc

Post by lglc » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:11 pm

Hi, Is anyone on the reserve list for an interview at Salomons? I'm 8th down and haven't heard anything yet; it would be great to know if the list has moved at all. Thanks!

sk07

Post by sk07 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:15 pm

I am 2nd reserve for Salomons and it hasnt moved as far as that yet. I am still anxiously waiting next to my phone!

Purplejob

Post by Purplejob » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:53 pm

tlucy26 wrote:Hi Everyone, I am on the reserve for UEL, does anybody know if there has been any movement? Thanks :)
I have been wondering this also. Do you know where you are on the list?

Maddy

Post by Maddy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:29 am

I have withdrawn from interviews at Glasgow and Cardiff. Best of luck, all!

tlucy26

Post by tlucy26 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:41 am

I am 20, so I am unlikely probably, where are you??

Ninee

Post by Ninee » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:43 am

I have just been called up for a Cardiff interview and I was reserve #2. We have movement people! Congratulations to those who got a place and cancelled their interviews, thanks very much! 8)

GooeyLoo

Post by GooeyLoo » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:28 pm

Early days, but anyone on the Edinburgh reserve list know if there's been any movement? Keeping all fingers and toes crossed I can nab an interview there this year!

Purplejob

Post by Purplejob » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:39 pm

tlucy26 wrote:I am 20, so I am unlikely probably, where are you??
I am number 6 - hopefully there'll be some movement following the Oxford and Surrey interviews. Planning to call UEL next week for an update, fingers crossed there'll be a flurry of people accepting places elsewhere :-)

tlucy26

Post by tlucy26 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:20 am

Aw okay, let's really hope so!!

CLS88

Post by CLS88 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:45 pm

I have just been offered an interview at Salomons (I was 1st reserve) so the list has finally started to move.

Good luck to all others waiting!

NaomiS

Post by NaomiS » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:09 pm

I was offered an interview at Cardiff today (5th reserve), so it's moving! Good luck, everyone :)