The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
ClinPsyOo

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Post by ClinPsyOo » Wed May 03, 2017 8:27 pm

Congrats to the UCL blues :)

Got my letter it is a no... Oh well!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
ChrisMcC

Post by ChrisMcC » Thu May 04, 2017 10:33 am

UCL --> unsuccessful
Oxford --> unsuccessful
Glasgow --> awaiting outcome of interview
RHUL --> awaiting interview

Not a great start... Does anyone know when we are likely to hear back from Glasgow?

Congratulations to all those with blues - well done!
:)

lemondrizzle

Post by lemondrizzle » Thu May 04, 2017 6:16 pm

ChrisMcC wrote:UCL --> unsuccessful
Oxford --> unsuccessful
Glasgow --> awaiting outcome of interview
RHUL --> awaiting interview

Not a great start... Does anyone know when we are likely to hear back from Glasgow?

Congratulations to all those with blues - well done!
:)
Don't quote me on this one, but a friend of mine who interviewed at Glasgow this year is expecting to wait for around 3 weeks

reishi

Post by reishi » Thu May 04, 2017 7:38 pm

SELF FUNDED
UCL
Leicester :arrow: Leicester well, that changes things a little bit :shock:
Birmingham :arrow: Birmingham :(
Essex
UEA
SELF FUNDED
"Ever since psychoanalysis came up, everybody's ill more or less."

sparkling

Post by sparkling » Fri May 05, 2017 1:27 pm

I didn't think I would get this desperate, especially given the fairly dire way my interview went. But Surrey hurry up! I know you said Monday but the refresh button on my emails is getting destroyed.
I think I need to man up!

hol

Post by hol » Fri May 05, 2017 1:47 pm

Leeds
Lancaster
Sheffield

Manchester ---> Manchester

Being a bit cheeky - but if anyone has a Manchester place they don't want, please please please decline it now!!
I hate this limbo!

BathLondonOxford1

Post by BathLondonOxford1 » Fri May 05, 2017 5:05 pm

Has anyone been called by Bath today? Assuming no call means unsuccessful but seems strange that no one has posted saying they've been offered a place?

YellowNutshell

Post by YellowNutshell » Fri May 05, 2017 5:11 pm

BathLondonOxford1 wrote:Has anyone been called by Bath today? Assuming no call means unsuccessful but seems strange that no one has posted saying they've been offered a place?
I've been waiting too. No news isn't necessarily bad news though? If they only finished interviews yesterday maybe it's taken longer to decide...they interviewed quite a few people after all.

hawke

Post by hawke » Fri May 05, 2017 5:12 pm

BathLondonOxford1 wrote:Has anyone been called by Bath today? Assuming no call means unsuccessful but seems strange that no one has posted saying they've been offered a place?
No call for me either - also assuming that it's a no, but had been expecting to see some people celebrating. It's frustrating because I feel I can't start processing the disappointment until I'm sure, so feel a bit stuck in emotional limbo over the weekend. It's like someone dumping you by just not calling!

jlb36

Post by jlb36 » Fri May 05, 2017 5:16 pm

hawke wrote:
No call for me either - also assuming that it's a no, but had been expecting to see some people celebrating. It's frustrating because I feel I can't start processing the disappointment until I'm sure, so feel a bit stuck in emotional limbo over the weekend. It's like someone dumping you by just not calling!
I have missed calls from a Bath landline number but missed the call because I was driving between sites at work. I've tried to return the call but no answer :( No answer to the administration telephone number too. I'm worried that because it's now gone 5pm on a Friday this means the limbo will continue over the weekend. There's a chance that those missed calls weren't even from the uni (I don't know who else it would be but no guarantees). This process :roll: :cry:

YellowNutshell

Post by YellowNutshell » Fri May 05, 2017 5:21 pm

I was trying to stay hopeful but perhaps no call today is a no then :(

Hulahappy

Post by Hulahappy » Fri May 05, 2017 5:21 pm

Just because I felt in a horrible limbo all day thought it might be better to know...I got a call from Bath today that I'm very far down the reserve list (as in they said not to expect to get a place). Was also expecting to see people post here, perhaps they just let reserve people know?

YellowNutshell

Post by YellowNutshell » Fri May 05, 2017 5:29 pm

Hulahappy wrote:Just because I felt in a horrible limbo all day thought it might be better to know...I got a call from Bath today that I'm very far down the reserve list (as in they said not to expect to get a place). Was also expecting to see people post here, perhaps they just let reserve people know?
A reserve place is good, frustrating but shows you interviewed well! I'd guess they would have told people who were successful but usually see someone comment on here with the outcome! I wish I had given in earlier and called to find out now just so I had a definite answer. Was so optimistic about Bath as well :cry:

BathLondonOxford1

Post by BathLondonOxford1 » Fri May 05, 2017 6:04 pm

The people who got reserve list and missed calls what time(ish) was it?

hawke

Post by hawke » Fri May 05, 2017 6:09 pm

Just heard from an offline friend that she got offered a place at Bath - so looks like those of us who haven't heard are unsuccessful. First time applicant, 2x rejections, 1 further interview. Eugh, this is a gruelling process.