The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
jlb36

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Post by jlb36 » Tue May 09, 2017 3:15 pm

BathLondonOxford1 wrote:
jlb36 wrote:I still haven't heard anything from Bath :( no email and no more phone calls today. Have emailed the admin address and attempted to call but not been able speak to anyone and no reply to my email. This process is so harsh.
That is strange and must be so frustrating!! I hope you get some clarity today - good luck! Harsh is apt!

I did hear back this morning - thank you for your reply.

It feels relieving to finally know - it's amazing what anxiety can do to just make things feel really bleak! I found out that I am second on the reserve list for Bath - I have everything crossed but I know it's likely to be a while yet before I have any certainty!

earlydaze

Post by earlydaze » Wed May 10, 2017 8:46 am

dk00112 wrote:Has anybody else still not heard from Surrey? I'm assuming the worst at this point but it's stressful not to know the outcome for sure!
dk00112 I am still awaiting news from Surrey, finding it a bit torturous :(

dk00112

Post by dk00112 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:50 am

I caved and contacted Surrey in the end earlydaze. It turns out they did send all the emails out on Monday but not all of them went through! So I'd recommend giving them a call; they were really lovely about it. :) Best of luck!

ClinPsyOo

Post by ClinPsyOo » Wed May 10, 2017 10:11 am

Right, that's me done with this process!

UEL---------> UEL
Salomons--> Salomons
UCL--------> UCL
RHUL-------> Withdrew from reserve list for interview

And after long deliberation I will be accepting the place at UEL so Salomons' reserve list should move as well as the RHUL list for interview. Thank you to everyone sharing info and providing support on this forum, it has made a big difference in this long, difficult process! Good luck everyone!

earlydaze

Post by earlydaze » Wed May 10, 2017 2:27 pm

dk00112 wrote:I caved and contacted Surrey in the end earlydaze. It turns out they did send all the emails out on Monday but not all of them went through! So I'd recommend giving them a call; they were really lovely about it. :) Best of luck!
Thank you so much for the heads up - I would never have known!

After a long year I have ended like this:
Surrey
Salomons
Southampton
Exeter

ROSIECOULL

Post by ROSIECOULL » Thu May 11, 2017 6:40 am

LANCASTER :) :-D :-D had it yesterday. Cannot wait to hear back already!! For anyone with theirs today don't panic the people are honestly lovely and the whole process is very smooth and they do their best to make it the least stressful it can be!

Roz93

Post by Roz93 » Thu May 11, 2017 5:48 pm

ROSIECOULL wrote:LANCASTER :) :-D :-D had it yesterday. Cannot wait to hear back already!! For anyone with theirs today don't panic the people are honestly lovely and the whole process is very smooth and they do their best to make it the least stressful it can be!
I can second this! The interviewers, the current trainees, the Learning Together Group and all the other applicants were all so lovely and welcoming! As someone who had their first ever clinical interview here on Tuesday, I can honestly say that Lancaster really made me feel welcome, comfortable, and not at all like a newbie desperately begging for their dream job (which I definitely felt like). Can't wait for the result!!

Good luck to everyone who applied, you were all lovely :)
"Imagine others complexly" - John Green.

ellalouh

Post by ellalouh » Thu May 11, 2017 8:05 pm

Hello,

This is my first year applying and my progress looks like this:
Birmingham
Sheffield
Staffordshire
Trent

I'm reserve number 8, so I'm not holding out too much hope, but the experience was great and I got much further than I expected to! Best of luck to you all! :D

ChrisCross

Post by ChrisCross » Fri May 12, 2017 12:23 pm

Lancaster!!

So happy and a little in shock I think! This was my first time applying and I wasn't sure what to expect so I am amazed to have gotten this far.

I really felt that I clicked with the Lancaster ethos. Everyone was so welcoming and warm on the day and really made the process much more bearable. I can't wait to accept my place :D :D

Roz93

Post by Roz93 » Fri May 12, 2017 12:41 pm

ChrisCross wrote:Lancaster!!

So happy and a little in shock I think! This was my first time applying and I wasn't sure what to expect so I am amazed to have gotten this far.

I really felt that I clicked with the Lancaster ethos. Everyone was so welcoming and warm on the day and really made the process much more bearable. I can't wait to accept my place :D :D
Congrats! I also really clicked with the Lancaster ethos, and am similarly new to the system.
Lancaster was also the only place I applied to this year - so I'm amazed to have made the reserve list!

LANCASTER!!

I'm fairly high up, so hopefully I'll make it onto the course this year (and maybe see you in Sept!)
"Imagine others complexly" - John Green.

rennyren63

Post by rennyren63 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:36 pm

Royal Holloway
Surrey
Southampton - 6th
Exeter - withdrew

Exeter no longer have placements in the Dorset area so I made the difficult decision to withdraw from my interview (the commute would not have been manageable with 2 young children).

All my eggs now in one basket - the torture of the reserve list continues... :?

Heslop

Post by Heslop » Fri May 12, 2017 6:54 pm

Newcastle
Exeter

Plymouth
Lancaster
:cry:
This is my first year aplying and I am totally rubbish at selling myself in interviews. I am looking forward to receiving feedback because am not entirely sure where I went wrong. I'll apply again for (probably just) Lancaster next year and hope that I can do better...

Psych89

Post by Psych89 » Sun May 14, 2017 6:55 pm

Southampton
UCL
Bath

Oxford

All I know is that I'm in the 'upper reserve' for Oxford, not holding out too much hope! Does anyone know of any movement? Thanks! :)

KatieD

Post by KatieD » Mon May 15, 2017 10:28 am

After 5 years of applying, 4 years of interviewing, and two years being top of reserve lists (QUB 2014 TCD 2015 RHUL 2016), I am delighted to finally say…

UELUEL Accepted place!
RHUL – turned down interview
Hertz
UCL
TCD
UCD
NUIG

Best of luck to those waiting on results, take care, hope the time passes as painlessly as possible!

Hockeygirl

Post by Hockeygirl » Mon May 15, 2017 2:45 pm

So my progress is....

Lancaster
Leeds ---> Leeds
Newcastle ---> Newcastle
Teesside---> Teesside---> Teesside --------> TEESSIDE!!!!!

I'm currently in my office shaking and grinning like a loon.