2018 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Post Reply
aojke22
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:26 am

Re: 2018 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by aojke22 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:31 pm

Royal Holloway
Salomons
UCL
IOPPN

No surprises on the Salomons front - absolutely bombed the test, it was so much harder than I'd revised for. Halfway there!

AnaPsixologa
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:50 pm

Re: 2018 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by AnaPsixologa » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:10 am

I've just got a letter myself just now saying I'm 2nd reserve! Agreed that it definitely feels better than a straight rejection! Could I ask at all whether you would be able to post/message if you get offered an interview at all? As I will be anxiously waiting for it to move after you!
Oh well done! Of course I will keep you posted! Best of luck :D

conoro27
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:03 pm

Re: 2018 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by conoro27 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:47 am

AnaPsixologa wrote:
conoro27 wrote:Exeter (completed tests)
Southampton
Surrey (completed tests)
UCL - letter received today, dated 1st March!
Yay! Great news, massive congrats Conoro27! :D
Thank you so much! It's taken long enough! :D

Good luck. :)

mholmes32
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 4:18 pm

Re: 2018 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by mholmes32 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:39 pm

Hello,

I am really new on here but I’m wondering if anyone has heard from Queen’s University regarding interviews?? It’s the one I want the most but still have not heard anything :(

Please let me know if anyone has!!

Good luck everyone

CMc
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:16 pm

Re: 2018 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by CMc » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:02 pm

mholmes32 wrote:Hello,

I am really new on here but I’m wondering if anyone has heard from Queen’s University regarding interviews?? It’s the one I want the most but still have not heard anything :(

Please let me know if anyone has!!

Good luck everyone
I still haven’t heard from them either mholmes32. I emailed them last week and asked when they plan on letting everyone know the outcome and they suggested yesterday at the latest. I emailed them again today but will let you know what the reply is. It is getting very close to the proposed first interview date. I also have an interview in Dublin on the 15th March and so was reluctant to book flights from England until I heard from them. Don’t know what to do. I think some people have been offered interviews at Queen’s already.

FLCx
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: 2018 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by FLCx » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:33 pm

Hi everyone! Can anyone shed any light on when we might hear from Cov & Warwick?

mholmes32
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 4:18 pm

Re: 2018 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by mholmes32 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:18 pm

CMc wrote:
mholmes32 wrote:Hello,

I am really new on here but I’m wondering if anyone has heard from Queen’s University regarding interviews?? It’s the one I want the most but still have not heard anything :(

Please let me know if anyone has!!

Good luck everyone
I still haven’t heard from them either mholmes32. I emailed them last week and asked when they plan on letting everyone know the outcome and they suggested yesterday at the latest. I emailed them again today but will let you know what the reply is. It is getting very close to the proposed first interview date. I also have an interview in Dublin on the 15th March and so was reluctant to book flights from England until I heard from them. Don’t know what to do. I think some people have been offered interviews at Queen’s already.

I know what you mean, I have an interview on the 21st so I need to get the dates in order so I can plan my time properly! I feel like this is a bad sign because I think you are right that others have gotten interviews dates and I am so worried that I have just been posted my rejection letter :( yes please let me know because I’m so anxious waiting to here back

CMc
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:16 pm

Re: 2018 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by CMc » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:49 pm

Lancaster (Test Completed)
Liverpool
Sheffield
Glasgow

QUB (Belfast)- still haven't heard from them
UCD (Dublin)
NUIG (Galway)

Galway have sent out their emails today.

Hann30
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:53 pm

Re: 2018 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by Hann30 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:05 pm

Hi all, my second time applying after getting no interviews last year

Bangor
Leeds
Liverpool
Lancaster (tests completed)

Anyone know when we are likely to find out from Liverpool and Leeds? I've given up on the thought of Lancaster as I think I really struggled with the tests! Excited to have an interview for Bangor though! Good Luck everyone :D

Siogamue
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:24 pm

Re: 2018 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by Siogamue » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:48 pm

Hann30 wrote:Hi all, my second time applying after getting no interviews last year

Bangor
Leeds
Liverpool
Lancaster (tests completed)

Anyone know when we are likely to find out from Liverpool and Leeds? I've given up on the thought of Lancaster as I think I really struggled with the tests! Excited to have an interview for Bangor though! Good Luck everyone :D
Hi Hann30,

Looking back through the years, Liverpool and Leeds are notorious for leaving it right until the deadline unfortunately. I’d be surprised if we heard before next Wednesday/ Thursday...

Best of luck!

Hann30
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:53 pm

Re: 2018 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by Hann30 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:30 pm

Siogamue wrote:
Hann30 wrote:Hi all, my second time applying after getting no interviews last year

Bangor
Leeds
Liverpool
Lancaster (tests completed)

Anyone know when we are likely to find out from Liverpool and Leeds? I've given up on the thought of Lancaster as I think I really struggled with the tests! Excited to have an interview for Bangor though! Good Luck everyone :D
Hi Hann30,

Looking back through the years, Liverpool and Leeds are notorious for leaving it right until the deadline unfortunately. I’d be surprised if we heard before next Wednesday/ Thursday...

Best of luck!
Thank you for your reply! Aw that's annoying! Hopefully we will hear soon :)

PinkPenguin89
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:42 am

2018 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by PinkPenguin89 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:02 am

Apparently the Queens interviews are starting next week. I also haven’t heard from them but know of a few people who have received an interview. I have emailed them as on their applications portal it still says decision pending.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Constructionist87
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:31 pm

Re: 2018 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by Constructionist87 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:23 am

Hi, I was just wondering what the success rate is for Queens. I know on the clearing house its 15%, is it similar, or is there any info on how many apply v how many places available? Thanks

Constructionist87
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:31 pm

Re: 2018 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by Constructionist87 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:24 am

FLCx wrote:Hi everyone! Can anyone shed any light on when we might hear from Cov & Warwick?
They let us know last year on the deadline day via letter (for a rejection) not sure about successful applicants.

Brio52
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:36 am

Re: 2018 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by Brio52 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:30 am

Trent
Sheffield

Lancaster
IIoPPN

Soo happy to get an interview at Lancaster as I was feeling pretty down about possibly not interviewing this year. It'll be quite fun going back for the third year in a row, wonder if they'll get tired of seeing me there. :P

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest