Online Selection Tests

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
benbrand

Online Selection Tests

Post by benbrand » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:43 pm

Happy Wednesday, all!

I've searched the forum and have been unable to find a thread on this; please forgive if there has already been a discussion.

It's going to be difficult for me to get back to the UK for selection tests, so I was wondering if anyone had put together a list of courses which have online selection tests? Or if you have a list of courses which have no selection tests that would also be great!

It looks to me like Lancaster, Plymouth, and Cardiff have online selection tests through SHL. I also remember taking one with UEA last year. Does anyone know of any other courses that have online selection tests?

Any help appreciated!
Ben

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
persephone56

Re: Online Selection Tests

Post by persephone56 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:06 am

UEA's one is in-person this year, on the day of interview, so you'll only need to do it if you get shortlisted for an interview.

benbrand

Post by benbrand » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:38 pm

So there's no online-pre selection test? I remember in the past it was an online pre-selection AND another pre-selection test on the day of the interview.

persephone56

Post by persephone56 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:46 am

benbrand wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:38 pm
So there's no online-pre selection test? I remember in the past it was an online pre-selection AND another pre-selection test on the day of the interview.
They trialled that (I can't remember if it was last year or the year before?) but it wasn't a helpful approach, so it returned to just a test on the day.

benbrand

Post by benbrand » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:29 pm

persephone56 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:46 am
benbrand wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:38 pm
They trialled that (I can't remember if it was last year or the year before?) but it wasn't a helpful approach, so it returned to just a test on the day.
Ah, yeah, it was the year before. I actually managed to find everything I needed in the alternative handbook. Thanks! :)