2019 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Beelamalik222

Re: 2019 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by Beelamalik222 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:13 pm

AP2018 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:24 pm
I interviewed on the Tuesday and they said on the day that they would let us know by Tuesday by email but I got a call on Friday afternoon saying that I was successful and they offered me a place!
Ah I see! Congrats :) I'm assuming I didnt get a place then. Nevermind - next year =)

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Charlrose

Post by Charlrose » Mon May 13, 2019 9:40 pm

Omg amazing well done you!!! Yes that’s me! Yes I have heard. I am on the reserve list for a place but no idea where as they don’t say on the email! so that’s coventry and Herts that I’m on reserve for a place... the wait goes on! 😩

KerryMcC

Post by KerryMcC » Tue May 14, 2019 11:09 am

I still can't believe I actually get to write this but...

Newcastle >>>>>> Newcastle
Teesside >>>>>> Teesside!!!!!! :mrgreen: (unsure of what position I was on the reserve list as they don't tell you)

And just for anyone who feels defeated, please don't lose hope, and look after yourselves - it's such a difficult process and can really take it out of you...it's been a 10 year journey to get here for me, with this being my 4th year applying and my 4th interview.

Wishing everyone still waiting the best of luck!

ogglebog

Post by ogglebog » Tue May 14, 2019 9:30 pm

Kerry I'm also starting teesside this year and it was also my 4th year of applying and 4th interview!

Look forward to meeting you 🙂

mchurley

Post by mchurley » Thu May 16, 2019 11:14 am

Second year applying

South Wales (withdrew from interview)
Southampton
Plymouth
Exeter

After some thinking time I have formally accepted my offer at Plymouth, so someone from the reserve list from Exeter should be contacted soon :)

AP2018

Post by AP2018 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:54 pm

Charlrose wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:40 pm
Omg amazing well done you!!! Yes that’s me! Yes I have heard. I am on the reserve list for a place but no idea where as they don’t say on the email! so that’s coventry and Herts that I’m on reserve for a place... the wait goes on! 😩
Well done!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you! You bloody deserve it. Let me know if Herts moves and if you get offered a place!! Xx

Edgemo

Post by Edgemo » Fri May 17, 2019 1:52 pm

Edgemo wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:10 pm
Edgemo wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:50 pm
Edgemo wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:53 am

UEA
Solomons
Exeter
Trent (taken test)

Received an email from Trent yesterday, just one left to hear from now!
UEA
Solomons
Exeter
Trent (taken test)

Received an offer from Exeter today. My word what a day!!!! This is the most awesome news ever!! Now have an interview with Trent in first week of May. I'm still going to go to the interview, but my experience at Exeter was first rate and will definitely be hard to top, the staff, trainees and campus were just sublime!! Good luck to all those who are still waiting to hear news.

UEA
Solomons
Exeter
Trent 2nd on reserve list.

Very exciting news! The letter from Trent came in the post this morning. As I will be moving my wife and family with me, I'm going to wait another week to see if there is any movement on the Trent reserve list before making the final decision with my wife. Would like to give her as much choice as possible considering this is going to be such a massive change for all of us. Either way there will be movement on one of the reserve lists for either Exeter or Trent after next week.
Accepted my offer from Exeter today! Very excited to start in September. Just have to move the family 300 miles or so South West now, but I have read a few inspirational stories on this forum which have left me determined to make this work. I am very lucky to have such a supportive family.

This is my third year applying and have been told by many a person throughout my journey that this day would never come. For those who have been unsuccessful this year or are thinking of giving up, keep trying! It is possible.

UEA
Solomons
Exeter
Trent (Withdrawn)

Jenjo2804

Post by Jenjo2804 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:14 pm

If anyone joining the Leeds course this year would like to connect beforehand, feel free to drop me a message. I think the news has just about sunk in now! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

Gem88

Post by Gem88 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:26 pm

Gem88 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 8:56 am
Gem88 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 4:33 pm
Leicester
Trent -------‐--‐> Trent ACCEPTED
Coventry & Warwick
Staffordshire

So happy to have been offered a place at Trent!!! News hasn't quite sunk in yet.
EXCITED is an understatement!! Accepted my place at Trent this week. Has anyone else accepted a place on the course? X

FiammettaAthena

Post by FiammettaAthena » Sun May 19, 2019 10:05 pm

Second time applying

Trent ----> TRENT!
UCL
Edinburgh
(shortlisting test completed)
Lancaster (shortlisting test completed)

I have accepted my place on the Trent course last week, and now I am about to start the HR process. Looking forward to meeting the other trainees!

Iggy1

Post by Iggy1 » Mon May 20, 2019 10:15 am

Manchester>Manchester
Sheffield>Sheffield
Lancaster>Lancaster test taken
Liverpool>Liverpool (interview attended)

Did anyone ask when we might hear back from Liverpool? And if it's phone or email?
Good luck everyone!

lulabelle98

Post by lulabelle98 » Mon May 20, 2019 10:20 am

The trainees on the day said maybe we'd hear late on Tuesday about the outcome of the Liverpool interviews. Although, none of the course team mentioned when we would, so it's a bit up in the air.

Iggy1

Post by Iggy1 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:31 pm

No problem, thanks anyway- good luck!

Abeau

Post by Abeau » Tue May 21, 2019 9:40 am

Hi Guys, does anyone happen to know when we can expect to hear back from Edinburgh? I didn’t ask!

Bokbag87

Post by Bokbag87 » Tue May 21, 2019 11:40 am

All Edinburgh said was that they were hoping it would be this week. I very much doubt it would be today as it is quite a complex placing procedure with all the boards and streams and they were interviewing till Friday. Last year they told people on the Thursday the week following interview week so I would guess it would be be around then. The wait is pretty awful though :P