Should I apply to the for the next intake?

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
kalli

Should I apply to the for the next intake?

Post by kalli » Wed May 15, 2019 5:34 pm

I wondering whether to apply for the clinical psychology next year, specially if my experience is enough and if I stand a chance. I graduated in 2015 with a 1st class psychology Bsc.
My experience: I worked two years full-time job as a research assistant in the NHS, conducting TMS treatment along side basic CBT and self help with "treatment resistant" patients.
I then started my two years masters in psychodynamic counselling on a scholarship from aziz foundation (finish in sept).
Worked part time (3days) as a project worker at mind for service user involvement project, running forums in inpatient and primary and secondary care for a year and 5 months.
Now since feb, I work part time (3days) as an independent mental health advocate for rethink. I'm also doing two clinical placements as part of my masters with st mungos and Mind using about 4 clients a week.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
mungle

Re: Should I apply to the for the next intake?

Post by mungle » Thu May 16, 2019 11:04 am

It seems reasonable to apply with that experience. You can use the time between now and the application date to reflect on your experience and develop your reflective abilities.

SKM1991

Post by SKM1991 » Thu May 16, 2019 12:32 pm

If you want to be a CP, yes reapply!!! Amazing experience. The key is drawing lessons/examples from your experiences to use in your application/interviews. Also a paid AP role will help.

kalli

Post by kalli » Thu May 16, 2019 12:58 pm

I tried to get assistant psychology experience for a long time but it just got to a dead end therefore I tried a different route.

*I meant ..my masters with st mungos and Mind seeing about 4 clients a week.