2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
BeKind

Re: 2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Post by BeKind » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:12 pm

BeKind wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:45 pm
BeKind wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:39 pm
This is my 5th year applying and to be quite honest I thought last year was my last - I have never actually posted my progress on here before, but thought that by doing so I might help to give a wider perspective for those who like me 'lurk' on here and feel frustrated with what does feel like an unfair process at times.

1st Year
University of Birmingham
Leicester
Oxford
Kings College London

2nd Year
Birmingham
Cov/Warwick
Hertfordshire
Oxford

3rd Year
Birmingham
UEL
Hertfordshire
Trent

4th Year
Birmingham
Oxford

Hertfordshire
Cov/Warwick

5th Year (this time around)
University of Birmingham
Hertfordshire
Coventry/Warwick
Staffordshire

This year I am trying my best to be accepting of whatever happens rather than viewing any rejections as 'I am a failure' which often crops up for many at this time of year!

Good Luck every-one! :D
So far I am tremendously pleased with the outcome this year! :)
This is what I'm finishing with this year! Good luck all and for those who didn't make it this year remember your skills and passion will never be wasted in whatever path you choose to take next!

Hod8913

Post by Hod8913 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:20 pm

Has anyone else still not heard from Plymouth or Leeds? Other people look like they've heard but I've not. Thinking that seems like it'll be a no :cry:

Famnfren

Post by Famnfren » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:33 pm

BeKind wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:12 pm
BeKind wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:45 pm
BeKind wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:39 pm
This is my 5th year applying and to be quite honest I thought last year was my last - I have never actually posted my progress on here before, but thought that by doing so I might help to give a wider perspective for those who like me 'lurk' on here and feel frustrated with what does feel like an unfair process at times.

1st Year
University of Birmingham
Leicester
Oxford
Kings College London

2nd Year
Birmingham
Cov/Warwick
Hertfordshire
Oxford

3rd Year
Birmingham
UEL
Hertfordshire
Trent

4th Year
Birmingham
Oxford

Hertfordshire
Cov/Warwick

5th Year (this time around)
University of Birmingham
Hertfordshire
Coventry/Warwick
Staffordshire

This year I am trying my best to be accepting of whatever happens rather than viewing any rejections as 'I am a failure' which often crops up for many at this time of year!

Good Luck every-one! :D
So far I am tremendously pleased with the outcome this year! :)
This is what I'm finishing with this year! Good luck all and for those who didn't make it this year remember your skills and passion will never be wasted in whatever path you choose to take next!
Congratulations, BeKind - I like your resilience. Thanks so much for ur sharing:)

blackstar1

Post by blackstar1 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:35 pm

Hod8913 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:20 pm
Has anyone else still not heard from Plymouth or Leeds? Other people look like they've heard but I've not. Thinking that seems like it'll be a no :cry:
Still not heard from Leeds so similar thinking that this is a no! Additionally, whilst on the clearing house process it does not say 'application unsuccessful' but it does not have the select option anymore... further evidence to a likely no

Hod8913

Post by Hod8913 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:38 pm

blackstar1 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:35 pm
Hod8913 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:20 pm
Still not heard from Leeds so similar thinking that this is a no! Additionally, whilst on the clearing house process it does not say 'application unsuccessful' but it does not have the select option anymore... further evidence to a likely no
I just checked Clearing House and Leeds had updated to unsuccessful. I completely understand that there will be an overwhelming amount of emails to send for the administrators at all the uni's but even an automated email would have softened the blow. Just Plymouth to wait for now :cry:

desh3060

Post by desh3060 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:41 pm

hi I haven't heard anything from Leeds either and nothing from Edinburgh. guessing this is bad news...

ukstern

Post by ukstern » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:44 pm

desh3060 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:41 pm
hi I haven't heard anything from Leeds either and nothing from Edinburgh. guessing this is bad news...
I don't know about Leeds but Edinburgh haven't contacted anyone yet as far as I know, I think they are usually last to release information regarding decisions

J25

Post by J25 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:04 pm

1st year applying

UEL (sat test)
Surrey (sat test)
Kings
UCL

Disappointed but relieved that the uncertainty has ended. I think I also underestimated the tests and will prepare even more thoroughly next time. Well done everyone, it's a tough process!

Nenya

Post by Nenya » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:11 pm

Nenya wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:34 pm
Nenya wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:28 pm
Nenya wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:00 am
Hello!

This is my first time applying:

Edinburgh (completed test & questions)
Glasgow
Liverpool
Newcastle

Good luck to all!
Got my first rejection... I thought I was prepared for it but it seems that one cannot be fully prepared for such a thing. I know it's not the end of the world and I still have to hear back from the other three universities, so I'm trying to remain optimistic as much as possible.
The second rejection just came through. I am sad but I still got two more to go. I'm not hopeful anymore but oh well...
It's a no from Newcastle. Still nothing from Edinburgh.

LalliRed

Post by LalliRed » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:22 pm

LalliRed wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:16 pm
LalliRed wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:58 pm
Hi all,

Possibly the most stressful week ahead as I'm still waiting for hear back from all the courses I applied for and I have been refreshing my emails every 2 seconds!

This is my 3rd time:

UEL (sat test)
Newcastle
Glasgow
Hertfordshire

Good luck to all the people that are still waiting and my congratulations to the ones that managed to secure an interview!
No email from Herts but Clearing house status had changed.
Incredibly happy to have an interview with Glasgow especially after 2 years of straight rejections! :D :D
Is anyone else having interviews with them? Does anyone know how many candidates they interview for 25 places?

jocat123

Post by jocat123 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:49 pm

Looks like the Clearing House has updated for Plymouth

Jadiebeks

Post by Jadiebeks » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:15 pm

Jadiebeks wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:19 am
Second time applying, had an interview at Trent last year but didn’t get a place. Fingers crossed for this year! Good luck everyone 🙂

Leeds
Leicester (test done👍🏻)
Sheffield
Trent (test)
Leeds
Leicester (test done👍🏻)
Sheffield
Trent (test)

Found out I'm 9th on the reserve list for Sheffield so not holding out much hope for that one! And buggered up the Trent test so ruined my chance at an interview for that one.
For those of you still waiting for Leeds - check the clearing house, I haven't got a email yet but that has been updated.
Hopefully better luck next year :roll:

Congratulations to everyone who has an interview!

Jeopick

Post by Jeopick » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:01 pm

Jeopick wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:58 pm
Jeopick wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:45 pm
Jeopick wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:11 pm
Hi folks! Second time applying for me. Last year felt pretty gruelling but so far I've gotten a more positive response.

UCL (7th on reserve list)
Essex (interview & test)
Trent (invited to test day)
Edinburgh (completed test & additional questions)

Good luck everyone! I've gotten a lot of motivation from reading these posts in the past, so I'm sincerely wishing you all the best.
Got a letter from UCL this morning. Apparently they had over 1200 applicants this year, so I'm pretty happy I made it onto the reserve list. I'll continue to wish you all well.
Just heard back from Trent! I'm happily surprised as I really felt uncertain following the test. :D
Wow, just got the confirmation from Edinburgh. Good luck to everyone who has interviews coming up. To those who don't, please keep trying. My previous two attempts to get onto the course were entirely rejections.

Wishing you all well. :D

Andreas10

Post by Andreas10 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:18 pm

Andreas10 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:15 pm
Hello everyone. First time applying for me!

Progress so far:

UEA
Edinburgh
Glasgow
Newcastle

Good luck to everyone :)
Edinburgh really waited until the last moment to put us out of our misery didn't they?

Congratulations to everyone who got an interview, wishing you all the best!

mnic

Post by mnic » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:20 pm

mnic wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:13 pm
First time applying. I'm an AP but not a huge amount of clinical experience compared to others!

Teesside
Oxford
Newcastle
Edinburgh
finally heard from Edinburgh!