Reserve list for places 2020

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
lozzyhickers

Re: Reserve list for places 2020

Post by lozzyhickers » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:55 pm

aspiringpsych21 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:16 pm
Hi everybody, I'm on the reserve list for UEA and was wondering if anyone has received any communication from the university about the extra commissioned places?

Would appreciate any info on this.
I contacted them yesterday to enquire (as I have an offer now elsewhere) and they said they sent out their offers for the extra places yesterday.

aspiringpsych21

Post by aspiringpsych21 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:20 pm

Hi, thank you for responding and letting me know. Congratulations on your place! That is of course sad to hear, did you call them to enquire as I haven't had a response to my email from a few weeks ago?
lozzyhickers wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:55 pm
aspiringpsych21 wrote:
Hi everybody, I'm on the reserve list for UEA and was wondering if anyone has received any communication from the university about the extra commissioned places?

I contacted them yesterday to enquire (as I have an offer now elsewhere) and they said they sent out their offers for the extra places yesterday.

lozzyhickers

Post by lozzyhickers » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:47 pm

aspiringpsych21 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:20 pm
Hi, thank you for responding and letting me know. Congratulations on your place! That is of course sad to hear, did you call them to enquire as I haven't had a response to my email from a few weeks ago?
Thank you! I tried calling but no answer as everyone’s working remotely, so I had to email. They replied very quickly though so maybe yours was overlooked?

aspiringpsych21

Post by aspiringpsych21 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:21 pm

Perhaps! I'll try again on Monday, can I ask what email address you emailed?

Good luck with training. Wishing you the very best!
lozzyhickers wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:47 pm
aspiringpsych21 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:20 pm
Thank you! I tried calling but no answer as everyone’s working remotely, so I had to email. They replied very quickly though so maybe yours was overlooked?

lozzyhickers

Post by lozzyhickers » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:49 pm

aspiringpsych21 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:21 pm
Perhaps! I'll try again on Monday, can I ask what email address you emailed?

Good luck with training. Wishing you the very best!
Thank you so much :cheers: I’m so excited to get started!

I emailed the general dclinpsy admin email. Hopefully it just got lost in all the emails they must be getting!

ljm66

Post by ljm66 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:04 pm

aspiringpsych21 wrote:

Hi, I've just declined my offer at UEA which was one of the extra commissioned places. Really hope that this is good news for someone here <3

Amy

Post by Amy » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:27 pm

Received an email from Liverpool saying they’ve now offered a further 6 places - please can people update if anyone is thinking of declining as I’m currently reserve 1. I know this seems unlikely! Thanks x

arnica

Post by arnica » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:27 pm

Good evening all; has anyone by any chance heard something (anything!!) re. the Edinburgh reserve list?

dancingqueen15

Post by dancingqueen15 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:43 pm

Does anyone know if Salomons has offered out any extra places this year yet?

Alex

Post by Alex » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:41 pm

dancingqueen15 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:43 pm
Not sure about Salomons but a lot of courses let reserves know last Friday. However, some further places have yet to be finalised between HEE and courses (this is mainly decisions of adjacent courses take what places) - so it is possible that more offers will be made for a small minority of reserves.

whatashilohpitt

Post by whatashilohpitt » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:14 pm

Alex wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:41 pm
dancingqueen15 wrote:
Not sure about Salomons but a lot of courses let reserves know last Friday. However, some further places have yet to be finalised between HEE and courses (this is mainly decisions of adjacent courses take what places) - so it is possible that more offers will be made for a small minority of reserves.
Hi there, my friend has asked me to post this as they don’t have an account on here.

There has been a lot of movement on the reserve list this year. They were originally number 29, and had accepted it as a ‘no’ but was offered a place yesterday. They’ve asked me to post here as the offer came through to their junk email, so remember to check this. Whether this was an extra commissioned place or not, there’s no way to tell unless you contact the course directly (probably not advised as admin will be extremely busy at this time), but I imagine it most probably was if they have had capacity to offer extra places and considering the large amount of movement.

Hopefully your course will let you know when the places have been filled or contact you if they have more to offer so you know either way. It’s been many years since I was sat on reserve until the bitter end, but I do understand the anxieties this causes. However, hopefully it goes to show that however unlikely, you can be near the lower end and still have some luck!

ruth888

Post by ruth888 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:42 pm

whatashilohpitt wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:14 pm
Alex wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:41 pm
dancingqueen15 wrote:
Hi there, my friend has asked me to post this as they don’t have an account on here.

There has been a lot of movement on the reserve list this year. They were originally number 29, and had accepted it as a ‘no’ but was offered a place yesterday. They’ve asked me to post here as the offer came through to their junk email, so remember to check this. Whether this was an extra commissioned place or not, there’s no way to tell unless you contact the course directly (probably not advised as admin will be extremely busy at this time), but I imagine it most probably was if they have had capacity to offer extra places and considering the large amount of movement.

Hopefully your course will let you know when the places have been filled or contact you if they have more to offer so you know either way. It’s been many years since I was sat on reserve until the bitter end, but I do understand the anxieties this causes. However, hopefully it goes to show that however unlikely, you can be near the lower end and still have some luck!

Thank you so much for posting! Has anyone above 29th reserve heard from Salomons? Would be really thankful to know if they have!