SHL tests

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
joshuaadwards

SHL tests

Post by joshuaadwards »

Hello everyone, first time applicant here.
I’m trying to get a few hours of practice before my SHL tests tomorrow. I have been using the SHL direct website, but they only have one practice test and I can’t see which questions I got wrong. I found this website, anyone tried it?

Thanks!
earthearts

Re: SHL tests

Post by earthearts »

i'd recommend assessmentday.co.uk, only £15 for i think 10 or so verbal reasoning tests plus explanations for the solutions. good luck!
RUBY02

Post by RUBY02 »

It was my first time applying to Lancaster this year and I did awfully on the selection tests :( . I have dyslexia and therefore, feel these kind of tests are a disadvantage for me as verbal reasoning is a very weak point due to my dyslexia. I didn't think the extra time helped either. However, Lancaster is a university that I am very much interested in for the DCLINPSY. Are there any other dyslexics who can offer support or advice on how to do well in these selection tests? Thank you.
RJParker

Post by RJParker »

Just to make clear to anyone who thinks that these tests disadvantage people with dyslexia, in the 6 years Lancaster has been using them the percentage of people with dyslexia has been consistently higher at interview (those selected by the tests) than it is prior to the selection tests (all applicants to the programme). This data is published on the Lancaster programme website every year.