University of Surrey 2022 entry: Online Q&A

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
clinlecturer

Re: University of Surrey 2022 entry: Online Q&A

Post by clinlecturer »

jackieweaver wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:58 pm Do you have any support in place for applicants with disabilities: e.g. guaranteed interviews, positive action type things? Thanks
We will apply positive action at all stages in our selection process where applicants score equally. Those with protected characteristics that are under-represented in Clinical Psychology will be priorised. This will include candidates with disabilities. We would urge all applicants to complete the Equal Opportunities monitoring form from the clearing house.
clinlecturer

Post by clinlecturer »

We're here for another 15 minutes to respond to your queries. For those unable to join tonight, feel free to add your questions and we will try to respond in a timely manner...
clinlecturer

Post by clinlecturer »

That's all folks! Thanks for taking the time to put your question to the team - we look forward to seeing your applications soon.
AB12

Post by AB12 »

Good day,
I was wondering what your preferred format is for the dissemination section, just putting references or in the form of a statement of what we have done? Additionally, is a bullet point format acceptable in the personal statement section?
Thank you very much :)
Geishawife
Team Member

Post by Geishawife »

Sorry, was about to reply that this event is over, then saw that the course will try to answer other queries in due course! Apologies!
clinlecturer

Post by clinlecturer »

AB12 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:05 am Good day,
I was wondering what your preferred format is for the dissemination section, just putting references or in the form of a statement of what we have done? Additionally, is a bullet point format acceptable in the personal statement section?
Thank you very much :)
We dont have a prefered format, though as pointed out earlier you should be mindful of the large number of applications we recieve, so signposting relevant details in your application form would be appreciated by our shortlisting team. We are also aware that different courses may have other views on this, again something to consider when completing the application.
clinlecturer

Post by clinlecturer »

Geishawife wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:06 pm Sorry, was about to reply that this event is over, then saw that the course will try to answer other queries in due course! Apologies!
No worries - we will try to respond as soon as we can.
Sheep21

Post by Sheep21 »

Hi, not sure if you're answering anymore questions seeing as this event is a month old but hopefully you are. I'm hoping to apply to Surrey this year and I was wondering if I'll be eligible to do so. I was in an accident that lead to a disability in 2019 which required me to take time out to heal, so my AP job ended in August 2019 and my masters had to be on hold until I was well enough to finish my thesis which I submitted in August 2021. I'm just wondering seeing as my last job ended in 2019 will my work experience still be relevant and within a valid time frame for the doctorate application. I'm currently applying for AP and psychology relevant work in the mean time. Thanks.
clinlecturer

Post by clinlecturer »

Sheep21 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:20 pm Hi, not sure if you're answering anymore questions seeing as this event is a month old but hopefully you are. I'm hoping to apply to Surrey this year and I was wondering if I'll be eligible to do so. I was in an accident that lead to a disability in 2019 which required me to take time out to heal, so my AP job ended in August 2019 and my masters had to be on hold until I was well enough to finish my thesis which I submitted in August 2021. I'm just wondering seeing as my last job ended in 2019 will my work experience still be relevant and within a valid time frame for the doctorate application. I'm currently applying for AP and psychology relevant work in the mean time. Thanks.
Hi - yes, we are still monitoring this feed about once a week...

At surrey we ask that you have 12 months FTE relevant experience that has been obtained in the three years prior to your application date.