Clinical Psychology Doctorate (UEL)

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Maltesers

Clinical Psychology Doctorate (UEL)

Post by Maltesers »

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could support me with a question regarding the Clin Psy Doctorate. I received a 2:1 for my undergraduate degree - it states upper second class division on my certificate. A few weeks ago, I requested the percentage from my university as I want to apply to the University of East London, and I saw that they are one of the few universities that explicitly state a requirement of 60% and over (most universities only state 2:1 in their entry requirements). They sent me a letter stating I had got a 58.90%. :( I was experiencing a lot of mental health difficulties during this time and struggled with keeping afloat. However, this is not something I would want to say to universities because I am sure there are a lot of people who have had mental health difficulties and have come out with a distinction!

I was gutted when I received the percentage because UEL strongly aligns with my ethos.

I asked my university why it was written 2:1 on my certificate, and they said that my mark was in the border zone and I met the criteria for it to be raised to a 2:1. I received a high 2:1 for my Master's (however, they weren't able to give me the percentage because they used a 20-mark grading scale, but most of my grades were 65%- 70%).

With all that being said, I was wondering if there is anyone here who has applied for the doctorate at UEL and gotten on with a mark of less than 60%. Also, can my 2:1 certificate still be used for universities? (My friend is a trainee at Surrey, and she experienced the same issue but still got on with a mark of less than 60%.)
miriam
Site Admin

Re: Clinical Psychology Doctorate (UEL)

Post by miriam »

I think you need to ask UEL how they shortlist, not us, I'm afraid.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com
This forum is free to use. If you find the site useful, you are welcome to contribute the cost of a cup of coffee to our running costs.