ClinPsy Progress & Successes ~*~ 2010!

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
sarahlb100

Post by sarahlb100 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:11 pm

received my letter from Sheffield today and not good news
so here's my update

Leeds
Exeter
Sheffield
Birminham

havent heard from Birmingham so will be a long wait until Monday but its not looking hopeful. also hanging on 'it only takes one....'

enigmatic

Post by enigmatic » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:22 pm

Just got the final letter... what a year. I honestly don't think I can face all this yet again.

Edinburgh
Glasgow
Oxford
IOP

Now it's all pinned on Edinburgh reserve lists moving. I wonder if all 200 people who selected health boards have been given interviews or are on the reserve list? I think Nicole will be getting a few phone calls on Monday from anxious reserve listers! Oh well, first time applying to great so have got this far.

BB

Post by BB » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:36 pm

Trent
IoP
Leeds
Sheffield

And i'm out! Good luck to everyone with interviews!

B x

ElizabethB

Post by ElizabethB » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:40 pm

enigmatic wrote: I honestly don't think I can face all this yet again.

Snap- exactly how i'm feeling right now :cry:

broomhilda

Post by broomhilda » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Final letter is in, thank goodness the waiting is over...

UCL
Edinburgh
Surrey

IOP

Congratulations to all the greens and fingers crossed for the yellows!

Pheonix

Post by Pheonix » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:33 pm

Got my final letter from Herts today. Rejections hurt but invitations are exciting and petrifying! I had goosebumps all down my arms as I read this letter.

Hertfordshire
UCL - Number 8
IOP
RHUL

Wow, I thought the application part was hard, but now I somehow have to get through my all encompassing anxiety about interviews :S

Good luck to everyone else. I wish you all the best.

gretamcg

Post by gretamcg » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:56 pm

First time applying...

Liverpool :thumbdown:
Manchester :thumbdown:
Staffs :thumbdown: however they gave feedback and said more relevant work experience is needed!!! sort of knew this so its reassuring. Taking a year out now to do just that....

Birmingham :cheers: no word yet - fingers crossed i get an interview!!!!!

and well done to everyone who got interviews/on waiting lists...i hope you all get in but if not sure its all a learning curve for next year!! :D

MummyPsych

Post by MummyPsych » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:45 pm

Thank you Sinead and Fayester.

My intention was to show people that it is possible. I guess if I had actually listened to all the myths I've heard about getting onto the course, I would have given up before I began! :lol:

Sinead, I suspect that with the London courses there is probably more movement than in other areas because there are more courses in a closer geographical area. Also I believe that the RHUL interviews are later on this time - another thing that is going to affect how much movement there is, people are more likely to have been offered places at other uni's already. So don't give up hope and keep preparing.

ghill33ster1985

Post by ghill33ster1985 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:13 pm

Congrats to all those you have pending interviews and commiserations to those without any this year round. But remember it'll soon be time to apply again. After all the "The darkest hour is before the dawn".

Newcastle (4 for 13) Fingers crossed as its my first choice!
Manchester Woo Hoo!
Leeds
IOP

When the interviews come around, if anyone has a Newcastle interview and isn't going to use it due to other offers of places can you please cancel your attendance. Im so close to having an interview at 4th place and really want to go there! Muchos Gracias!

Pickle

Post by Pickle » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:23 pm

Well, my final results are in:

Herts
Oxford
Royal Holloway :D :D
Southampton

Second time applying and even though I only have one interview I am absolutely delighted!!! It's a really nice feeling knowing that I have made some progress since last year. Even better is that out of the four courses I applied to, Royal Holloway is my first choice. Now just got to get through the next hurdle...

Psychlad - Really pleased for you this year!!!!! Well done!!!!! It only takes one :D

Hannie-pie

Post by Hannie-pie » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:35 pm

At last I have found out:

Salomons
Royal Holloway
UCL
UEL

In the words of JLS 'You only have one shot, so make it count' lol

blan09

Post by blan09 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:04 pm

First time applying and got letter with invitation today:

Sheffield

Very happy.

psych_lad

Post by psych_lad » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:12 pm

Pickle wrote:Well, my final results are in:

Herts
Oxford
Royal Holloway :D :D
Southampton

Second time applying and even though I only have one interview I am absolutely delighted!!! It's a really nice feeling knowing that I have made some progress since last year. Even better is that out of the four courses I applied to, Royal Holloway is my first choice. Now just got to get through the next hurdle...

Psychlad - Really pleased for you this year!!!!! Well done!!!!! It only takes one :D
Really pleased for you too!

I really feel for those who have not got interview this year...I have been in that position tw years running and I know the feeling! It is a unfair process that feels totally random!
Psych_lad

cidane

Post by cidane » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:47 pm

Cinderella wrote:My final results are in...

UCL
Oxford
South Wales
Salomons (7th on the reserve)

First time applying and I'm really chuffed to get a reserve spot!
It's nice that the waiting is finally over!
Here comes the inevitable question, how likely do you think it is that I'll get an interview when I'm 7th on the reserve list??
Hey cinderella, how do you know what number you are on the reserve list for Salomons?

My results:
UCL
Herts
Essex
Salomons

rhambrook

Post by rhambrook » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:06 am

Final tally for me:

Surrey (post-test)
IOP
UEA
Sheffield

Congratulations to all of you who received interviews!