Low Intensity IAPT (PWP) Trainees -London Area

Advertise posts here (email clinpsyforum@gmail.com to arrange payment, it starts at just £40+vat)

annabel_h

Re: Low Intensity IAPT (PWP) Trainees -London Area

Post by annabel_h » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:03 pm

Does anyone know if this is likely to close early? The advert in the Metro the other day stated that there would be around 50 PWP posts, so I presumed that they will keep it open til closing date (30th june) to allow sufficient applicants... but I don't want to be wrong and miss out! i think i'll get on with it now :)

Belle88

Post by Belle88 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:43 pm

Applied - eeeeek!

Tried to take an innovative slant when writing my supporting statement - hope it doesn't backfire on me hehe! I wonder how many applications they will receive...

annabel_h

Post by annabel_h » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:55 pm

i'm intrigued by your 'innovative' slant belle! what did you do?! I find applications really difficult, do you think they would accept some alternative? a drawing perhaps?

bedsap

Post by bedsap » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:15 pm

I'm going for something 'innovative' too! Probably depends on who reads it though, one persons innovative is another persons stupid :lol:

Belle88

Post by Belle88 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:41 pm

I still just filled in the supporting info, but tried to make my statement quite unique rather than simply describing how I fit the person specification!

Haha very true bedsap!!

TLS

Post by TLS » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:23 pm

i too have applied- the word limit of a 1000 words did feel like i missed a lot out, though maybe being extra concise is the key.. hmm! good luck everyone :D

Crochet

Post by Crochet » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:05 pm

I've applied as well. I struggled with the word limit too and I don't think I was reflective enough (at all). I wanted to get it in as soon as incase it closed early and it's still open! Typical! Grrr.

Peach

Post by Peach » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:25 pm

Crochet wrote:I've applied as well. I struggled with the word limit too and I don't think I was reflective enough (at all). I wanted to get it in as soon as incase it closed early and it's still open! Typical! Grrr.
IAPT posts tend to stay open until the closing date, unlike AP posts.
The best thing about this signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything, it's too late for you to stop reading.

semele

Post by semele » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:55 pm

I submitted a really good application form but in my hurry somehow missed the info about the word limit! That was a right waste of a good opportunity :evil:

Does anyone know if you can cancel an application on NHS Jobs and reapply?
“People know what they do; frequently they know why they do what they do; but what they don't know is what what they do does.”
― Michel Foucault, Madness and Civilization: A History of Insanity in the Age of Reason

Crochet

Post by Crochet » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:04 pm

Peach wrote:IAPT posts tend to stay open until the closing date, unlike AP posts.
Thanks for this Peach, I'll definitely remember this in the future.
semele wrote:Does anyone know if you can cancel an application on NHS Jobs and reapply?
Possibly. It said somewhere in the info pack that there was a team dedicated to this recruitment drive and that applicants are encouraged to contact them with any enquiries. They may be able to cancel your application from there to enable you to resubmit your application. Worth a shot.

rsuk10

Post by rsuk10 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:08 pm

My application was 1165 words, do you think that will disqualify? I always wondered about having heading and bullet pointing what I've done and what I learnt in order to get word count down, but I feel this way just isn't as reflective and personal as prose. What do other people think?

R x

Crochet

Post by Crochet » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:19 pm

I was wondering this when I was cutting mine down. I thought of two possible outcomes: either they'll disqualify those applications over 1000 words or they'll only read up to the 1000th word. Both of these would require screening all applications which I imagine would be quite time consuming. Maybe they have a fancy computer programme thing to do it for them. Who knows?!

I feel the same as you about bullet points and I always write my supporting statements as prose. I do try to order it the same way as they have in the person spec though to help them out a bit. Although saying that I haven't had the best luck with applications lately.

semele

Post by semele » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:57 pm

I've emailed the contact given.. don't hold out much hope as they specifically say that they will not be able to respond to individual enquiries. It's my own fault for trying to do it sneakily in work, fearing it'd be gone by the time I got home! Not a happy camper...
“People know what they do; frequently they know why they do what they do; but what they don't know is what what they do does.”
― Michel Foucault, Madness and Civilization: A History of Insanity in the Age of Reason

rsuk10

Post by rsuk10 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:37 pm

Do let us know the outcome of your email, and whether it is over 1000 and they would disqualify us if we can re-submit. Just thought it would be better if one person has already asked the question not to keep bombarding them with the same questions!

My fault to with experience of trying to write an amazing statement and it closing before I've even managed to press submit, I was just to scared to try and get it down even more in case I missed the boat completely. Story of our lives hey!