Low Intensity IAPT (PWP) Trainees -London Area

Advertise posts here (email clinpsyforum@gmail.com to arrange payment, it starts at just £40+vat)
semele

Re: Low Intensity IAPT (PWP) Trainees -London Area

Post by semele » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:24 pm

semele wrote:I submitted a really good application form but in my hurry somehow missed the info about the word limit! That was a right waste of a good opportunity :evil:

Does anyone know if you can cancel an application on NHS Jobs and reapply?
FYI: NO! I contacted the main contact and she replied to say that they cannot cancel applications but to speak to NHS Jobs. I contacted NHS Jobs using the helpdesk option and they got back to me to say I would need to contact the recruiter directly to enquire about this as they cannot do it once the application has been submitted to them and also that even if the application was cancelled the website would not let me apply again for the same vacancy.

My only hope now is to send another email to the recruiter explaining and beg for clemency! Stupid applying in work in a hurry! I guess this one just wasn't meant to be though :(

Good luck to the rest of you with your pesky eyes for detail!
“People know what they do; frequently they know why they do what they do; but what they don't know is what what they do does.”
― Michel Foucault, Madness and Civilization: A History of Insanity in the Age of Reason

Molly

Post by Molly » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:22 am

Semele - I was just wondering, maybe you could set up a new NHS jobs account linking it to another email address and submit another application? Not sure if it would work but just a thought!

Molly

semele

Post by semele » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:21 pm

Have just done that! Apart from a heart-stopping moment when my laptop froze while switching between screens and it looked like I'd deleted all my application history on my main account :shock: it sent ok. Wasn't sure if it was a good idea but I can't be in with worse of a shot than I had been. It's shocking how bad my edited supporting info read though compared with my original longer version- I understand recruiters don't want to read dissertation-length personal statements but there should be some recognition of the fact that it's a complex person spec that is not easy to cover comprehensively in a tight word-count. I've ended up basically having to take out a lot of examples of how I meet criteria, which leaves only unfounded sweeping statements! The alternative was to take out the "I have experience of *person spec point #3*..." bits which would have left 1000 words of unapplied waffle!

I hate job applications :twisted:

Molly wrote:Semele - I was just wondering, maybe you could set up a new NHS jobs account linking it to another email address and submit another application? Not sure if it would work but just a thought!

Molly
“People know what they do; frequently they know why they do what they do; but what they don't know is what what they do does.”
― Michel Foucault, Madness and Civilization: A History of Insanity in the Age of Reason

rsuk10

Post by rsuk10 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:22 pm

So I decided to email them and ask them whether I could re-submit my application and they said it was no :(

I've asked whether I'll be disqualified for going over the word count by 100 or so words and waiting to hear.

x

LIWY

Post by LIWY » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:37 pm

rsuk10 wrote:So I decided to email them and ask them whether I could re-submit my application and they said it was no :(

I've asked whether I'll be disqualified for going over the word count by 100 or so words and waiting to hear.

x
I'd be very surprised if they have the time to wordcount all applications.

Belle88

Post by Belle88 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:49 pm

I wonder when they will be sending out interview notifications....

The post closed on Thursday and interviews are the week of the 19th July I think I remember reading? So it must be sooon :)

(I don't know why I am getting excited - I don't have a chance in hell of an interview!)
Last edited by Belle88 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crochet

Post by Crochet » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:20 pm

I was thinking exactly the same thing Belle! Every email I get I'm thinking "Is it from the NHS?"... so far nothing. I've been thinking that they must give at least one weeks notice so maybe by the end of the week beginning of next week?

Eeeek!

annabel_h

Post by annabel_h » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:26 am

ha, i know what you mean, i keep checking the application section of NHS jobs to see if i have a message... Just feel that as there are son many posts it is finally a job i have half a shot at! ah well, still nothing yet....

btw, re. the 1000 word limit, i presume that as it's electronic they will be able to see automatically which ones are over 1000 words and staright away discard them? sounds brutal, but probably quite a useful mechanism for them to start whittling down the numbers... i only just spotted it as i was about to press send, which meant a very hurried prunig of my application, pretty stressful!

Crochet

Post by Crochet » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:23 pm

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything yet?

damnsaiyan

Post by damnsaiyan » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:53 am

I wouldn't worry if you guys don't hear anything yet - it's a huge recruitment process and there are bound to be glitches. IAPT are notoriously slow as well when it comes to this process! :roll:

LIWY

Post by LIWY » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:15 pm

damnsaiyan wrote:I wouldn't worry if you guys don't hear anything yet - it's a huge recruitment process and there are bound to be glitches. IAPT are notoriously slow as well when it comes to this process! :roll:
Agree, I don't know anyone who has heard anything yet.

There was an IAPT lead posting previously on this thread so if you put your questions on there perhaps s/he might come back..
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12120

annabel_h

Post by annabel_h » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:41 am

For anyone else who is worrying about this, I emailed yesterday and they said they haven't shortlisted yet, and can't say when they will get in touch. For the PWP posts interviews are scheduled to take place on the 28th/29th July and 1st – 5th August, which is later than was implied on the original job advert. so no need to panic about having zero time to prep for interview! (trying not to get ahead of myself of course!)

Crochet

Post by Crochet » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:03 pm

Thanks for posting that Annabel. Thats good to know.

powkin

Post by powkin » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:20 pm

Thanks Annabel, well done for being so proactive! I'd already decided that I hadn't been shortlisted and was a failure... all that negative affect :oops:

Out of curiosity - could I ask what qualifications/experience you all have? I applied for DClinPsy this year but didn't get any interviews so I don't know if other applicants are the same level as me or higher/lower? I have a MSc and mostly research experience with some voluntary work. I didn't feel I was able to apply for the higher bands IAPT though.

Good luck to everyone anyway!

gjmorgan

Post by gjmorgan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:20 pm

I have applied - I am in the process of completing an MSc in Cognitive Neuropsych and 2 years full time work experience as a substance misuse worker in the prison service where I was delivering 1:1 and group interventions to young people, and a years full time work experience as a psych assist in the same YOI delivering group rehabilitation behaviour programmes.

Good luck to all!