Low Intensity IAPT (PWP) Trainees -London Area

Advertise posts here (email clinpsyforum@gmail.com to arrange payment, it starts at just £40+vat)
psy40174

Re: Low Intensity IAPT (PWP) Trainees -London Area

Post by psy40174 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:24 pm

In the application pack it says:

"We will make every effort to match your preferences. However, if there is high demand for a particular service, suitable applicants will be posted to where there are places available. Applicants who do not state their preference as above will be allocated on the same principle."

So I am sure even if e.g. Tower Hamlets + Southwark are not recruiting they will still put your application forward to the high demand areas....
-------------------------------------------------------
“I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body. Then I realised who was telling me this.” - Emo Philips

powkin

Post by powkin » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:32 pm

Still, it's pretty lazy and unfair to let people apply to services that aren't even recruiting. Given the number of expected applications, surely all the placements will be oversubscribed? I very much doubt there are any local authorities who were undersubscribed, and preference would be given to those for whom it was their first choice I imagine?

How difficult would it have been to make an up to date list?

annabel_h

Post by annabel_h » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:06 pm

rsuk10 wrote:I was told from the administrator at Southwark they aren't taking on any LIs.
Has anyone heard from Southwark at all? it was my first choice, I just called the IAPT service, the woman i spoke to was trying to be helpful but didn't seem to know much herself. She stated that it would not be SOuthwark who contact the shortlisted people, it would be the centralised process...?
Second choice was Islington which seems to have told all it's shortlist now. So is that my chance over??
powkin wrote:Still, it's pretty lazy and unfair to let people apply to services that aren't even recruiting. Given the number of expected applications, surely all the placements will be oversubscribed? I very much doubt there are any local authorities who were undersubscribed, and preference would be given to those for whom it was their first choice I imagine?

How difficult would it have been to make an up to date list?
Totally agree Powkin! So frustrating, especially as I had an interview for LI in 2008, and now feel I have so much more to offer. Obviously it could be down to competition or a bad application, but still a bit of me feels a bit suspicious that putting Southwark first has hampered my chances, i'm feeling a bit bitter!

Belle88

Post by Belle88 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:18 pm

I really don't know how much the preferences actually mattered because I put down Barking & Dagenham and Havering as my preferences but I got invited to interview by Bexley! Totally random but fine by me :)

rsuk10

Post by rsuk10 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:49 pm

Congrats Belle88 good luck for your interview! Let us know how you get on x

Belle88

Post by Belle88 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:27 pm

I was informed at 7pm this evening that I was successful and I have been offered the job as a trainee PWP :D so unbelievably over the moon!!!

I really wasn't happy with my interview either, but clearly I was being pessimistic :P

Crochet

Post by Crochet » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:47 pm

annabel_h wrote:Has anyone heard from Southwark at all?
Hey. Just thought I'd say that I also put Southwark as my first choice and was a bit gutted when I read they weren't recruiting. However, I got offered an interview for this area so there must be some mix up somewhere.
Belle88 wrote:I was informed at 7pm this evening that I was successful and I have been offered the job as a trainee PWP so unbelievably over the moon!!!
Congrats Belle! I hope I'll be joining you!

:)

Peach

Post by Peach » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:28 am

Belle88 wrote:I was informed at 7pm this evening that I was successful and I have been offered the job as a trainee PWP :D so unbelievably over the moon!!!

I really wasn't happy with my interview either, but clearly I was being pessimistic :P
Congratulations Belle! I'm so happy for you especially since you had to cut your trip short for the interview. I'm glad it paid off. :D
The best thing about this signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything, it's too late for you to stop reading.

Belle88

Post by Belle88 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:38 am

Peach wrote:Congratulations Belle! I'm so happy for you especially since you had to cut your trip short for the interview. I'm glad it paid off. :D
Thanks Peach! I know... it made it worth all the stress, palaver and money hehe :)

Toria

Post by Toria » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:49 am

Congratulations Belle! I was rooting for you after hearing you'd rearranged flights and holidays to go to the interview! They've definitely found themselves a dedicated PWP! Good luck with it all :D
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf - Jon Kabat-Zinn

monkeyboy18

interview result

Post by monkeyboy18 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:23 pm

Just got accepted for Islington wohooo

mungle

Post by mungle » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:12 pm

Congratulations Belle88 and MonkeyBoy! :D

jasper414

Post by jasper414 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:05 pm

Just been offered a job with Lambeth :) So shocked still as I thought my interview yesterday had gone terribly!

annabel_h

Post by annabel_h » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:03 pm

well done belle monkeyboy and jasper! as i said, i think i am just being bitter about Southwark - there will have been some fierce competition for interview places! good luck with the new jobs, let us know how you get on :)

malwina

Post by malwina » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:13 pm

I got a job with Waltham Forest. Anyone else going there or knows what's it like?