Research Support Worker

Advertise posts here (email clinpsyforum@gmail.com to arrange payment, it starts at just £40+vat)
Esuma

Research Support Worker

Post by Esuma » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:23 pm

http://www.jobs.nhs.uk/showvac/42TNCQ/3286707/912813907

This is the first interview I managed to get within Psychology so I would recommend recent graduates apply for this post! I would apply for the post myself but I feel somewhat embarrassed applying for the exact same role I already interviewed for and didn't get :lol: It sounded like a really great project to be involved in, and I hadn't yet graduated when I applied previously so from my experience they don't expect you to have much previous experience.

bw124

Re: Research Support Worker

Post by bw124 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:29 am

Thanks for the heads up - it sounds like an interesting opportunity. I know what you mean, but you shouldn't feel embarrassed to go for it again. If you could show the panel what you've learnt since your previous interview (it might not even be the same panel), and how you have worked on their feedback, I might even go so far as to say you'd actually have an advantage! Best of luck in your job search anyway.

Regards, bw124

Esuma

Post by Esuma » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:34 am

Ha yeah I have to say I am conflicted about applying again or not - I got an interview last time so I still meet all of the essential criteria, but have that little bit more experience of some extra volunteering on top now. And I did get good interview feedback - they just said that my nerves were the main thing that needed working on... I do still get very nervous, but I think for this interview it was a very nerve wracking point for me (the day after I got my degree results and my first ever formal interview really, let alone experience of a panel interview for a job I actually really wanted!) The last interview I had the interviewer gave me good feedback and didn't mention anything like that so maybe that's something that I'd be better at now. Hmm. I shall have a proper think and look back at my old application :) I guess they can only go 'oh no not her again, persistent that one' :lol:

Esuma

Post by Esuma » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi guys, just a heads up for those that have been considering this post but haven't yet applied - I just got a message via NHS jobs saying the post will close within the next 24 hours:
This vacancy will be closing in the next 24 hours if you would like to apply then please do so by 15:45 on Friday 10th February 2012.
This has kind of forced my hand as I was still pondering the application...so I'm going to apply and see what happens again! They can only say no :)

BlueGems

Post by BlueGems » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:13 am

Esuma, glad you've decided to go for it!!!! Good Luck, please let us know how you get on! We're all winners because with every interview comes more and more experience in preparation for the 'big one'! :D
"Fear less, and hope more; whine less, and breathe more; talk less, and listen more; and hate less, so you can love more" ~author unknown~

Esuma

Post by Esuma » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Thanks for the lovely support! I didn't get an interview this time around unfortunately :( Still I found out the day after I was offered a Support Worker role in a better location for me so I wasn't too disappointed! :) It sounds like this time around they had a lot more applicants, so naturally they are more inclined to pick those with more experience than myself to interview! I guess in a year or more I might be more likely to get roles like this one but for now I'm going to focus on getting the most out of the job I've been offered (assuming all of the paperwork and such goes through OK!) :)