Assistant Psychologist - Autism Spectrum, Lindfield

Advertise posts here (email clinpsyforum@gmail.com to arrange payment, it starts at just £40+vat)
DisabilitiesTrust

Assistant Psychologist - Autism Spectrum, Lindfield

Post by DisabilitiesTrust » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:40 pm

Autism Spectrum Partners is a charitable organisation that offers a range of individually tailored support services, aimed at helping those with autism spectrum condition and Asperger syndrome to achieve their personal potential and to empower them to live their lives as independently as possible.

We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Psychologist at Hollyrood, Lindfield; a residential and day centre.

The post involves working as part of a multidisciplinary team, under the supervision of a clinical psychologist. The role will include the development and implementation of person-centred autism-specific approaches to support adults with Autism Spectrum Conditions. This may involve conducting assessments and observations, supporting behaviour monitoring and data analysis, contributing to the person centred planning process, designing and monitoring interventions, report writing, attending multi-disciplinary team meetings and delivering staff training.

Applicants are expected to hold a BPS accredited degree in Psychology and be working towards gaining clinical training. Previous experience of working either with people with learning disabilities, autism spectrum conditions and/or challenging behaviours is important, and experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team setting would be beneficial.

To see further details of the role and to apply please visit the Autism Spectrum Partners website at: http://www.disabilities-trust.org.uk/au ... ogist.aspx

18 month fixed-term contract,
Closing date: 12th July 2014.

Louser89

Re: Assistant Psychologist - Autism Spectrum, Lindfield

Post by Louser89 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:45 pm

This is my current position. I have got a place on clinical training hence me leaving it!

I can recommend it as a post with really good psychology experience - definitely not an admin role! Lots of MDT work, facilitating meetings, delivering training, as well as clinical work including formulating. Please feel free to message for any additional info.

Also, incase it is relevant to anyone I commute from Redhill area, which is perfectly doable!

Louise