Reflective Practice Group in the North West/ West Midlands

Advertise posts here (email clinpsyforum@gmail.com to arrange payment, it starts at just £40+vat)

I would be interested in attending a free taster group on the following topic:

Poll ended at Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:55 pm

What is reflective practice?
No votes
What is clinical psychology?
No votes
Working systemically.
No votes
Thinking about boundaries.
No votes
Sexuality in the therapy room.
No votes
Working in groups.
No votes
None of the above.
No votes

Total votes: 0

libbynugent

Reflective Practice Group in the North West/ West Midlands

Post by libbynugent » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:55 pm

I am starting a reflective practice group for aspiring clinical/counselling psychologists, or, for people wanting reflective space to explore these options. This group aims to provide both skill development and emotional support throughout the process.

The group will meet weekly for ninety minute sessions. Each week clinical and/or academic material will be presented followed by a group discussion. People are welcome to bring personal and professional contributions to the weekly themes. The objective is to have the group follow and attend to the needs of the group.

Graduate psychologists are welcome from all sectors including the NHS, Social Services, Research Institutions, Support Work, Care Assistants, Charity and Voluntary sectors.

Depending on demand the group is anticipated to begin 17th January 2019. This initial session will be a free "taster" session to explore how the group might fit for you.

This group will comprise of a minimum 4 and up to 10 Psychologists. I am asking group members to commit to attend weekly.

I work solely in private practice and have a large amount of experience working with psychologists: pre training, as trainees and as qualified clinicians.

This group is part of my working towards becoming a group work practitioner of group analysis and I am under supervision as such. However this is not a group analysis or a therapy group. Should anyone be interested in joining an analytic therapy group please do contact me.

Conductor: Dr. Libby Nugent (Clinical Psychologist and training Group Work Practitioner of Group Analysis)
Day: Thursday evening
Time: 7.00 p.m.—8.30 p.m.
Venue: Glyn Wylfa, Castle Road, Chirk, Wrexham, LL14 5BS
Cost: £25 per session
To apply to join the group, please contact:
Dr Libby Nugent
Phone: 07990546964
e-mail: mail@libbynugent.com
Or visit the web-site: www.libbynugent.com

Anyone interested in attending will need to meet/talk informally with the me prior to starting the group so I can get an idea of your individual needs.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf