Placement year for psychology student / research opportunity for MSc students

Advertise posts here (email clinpsyforum@gmail.com to arrange payment, it starts at just £48)
miriam
Site Admin

Placement year for psychology student / research opportunity for MSc students

Post by miriam »

If you are completing a psychology degree and are looking for a placement year with relevant experience in the field of clinical psychology, this might be just the opportunity for you. We have capacity to take a new placement student at BERRI/LifePsychol when our fantastic current student finishes this summer. This is for a student seeking professional experience only. We can offer a remote/hybrid experience (with most of our clinical work taking place in Midlands/London). Our main work is with children and families, particularly at the interface with children's social care. Unpaid, although we will happily support you to apply for external funding. If you'd like to apply, please send your CV to Lucky@lifepsychol.co.uk as soon as possible.

We also have opportunities to complete a research project with us for your postgraduate qualification, as we have a lot of data and a lot of interesting questions to explore, and can offer directly clinically relevant research opportunities with CP supervision. If this appeals to you, please DM me and we can set up a call to discuss it.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com
This forum is free to use. If you find the site useful, you are welcome to contribute the cost of a cup of coffee to our running costs.
poppy27

Re: Placement year for psychology student

Post by poppy27 »

I have been on a placement year with Miriam this year and thought I would share my experience so far for anyone who wanted a little more insight. I have found this year so valuable, and I would most definitely recommend it to anyone who is in a position that could take advantage of this opportunity.

The amount of variety in the experiences I have gained this year is amazing. I have had the opportunity to get involved in autism, court, and cognitive assessments, shadowing and helping with interviews and psychometrics, alongside participating in the summarising of documents to go with this. I have also had the opportunity to get involved in a wide variety of projects that are going on at BERRI including an older adult dementia project and a children’s neurodevelopmental project. As well as having the opportunity to undertake my own project analysing data and getting valuable findings that will be used within the company.

I have felt so supported and appreciated. I have been really grateful that I have been treated as a member of the team and been given real responsibilities and opportunities, which has felt so rewarding as a placement student. I have absolutely loved this year and hope the next placement student finds the experience as beneficial as I have.
miriam
Site Admin

Re: Placement year for psychology student / research opportunity for MSc students

Post by miriam »

We are currently accepting applications for placement sutdents from this summer. This will close on 30th March.
Miriam

This forum is free to use. If you find the site useful, you are welcome to contribute the cost of a cup of coffee to our running costs.
miriam
Site Admin

Re: Placement year for psychology student / research opportunity for MSc students

Post by miriam »

Thanks for your applications. We have contacted the successful candidates. This opportunity is now closed.
Miriam