Bangor 2019

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course
forrest

Bangor 2019

Post by forrest » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:29 pm

Hi Everyone,

I know I’m very early but I’ve accepted a place on the Bangor course and I was just wondering if anyone else had or if any current trainees had any advice or information about preparing for the course?

I’ll be moving to Wales so any advice about areas to live in that are good for travelling to placement would be very much appreciated! Can't wait to start!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Bd17

Re: Bangor 2019

Post by Bd17 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:38 pm

Hi! I’m a current third year trainee at Bangor. Congratulations on being offered a place! My advice would be to relax before you start the course. In terms of relocating to the area, the closer you live to a base, the better off you end up travel expenses wise. The bases are Wrexham Maelor, Glan Clwyd, or Ysbyty Gwynedd hospitals. The course try their best to place you near where you live, however this isn’t always possible. You will be in University for teaching blocks and in first year you also attend university approximately one day a week, so living closer to the university can be beneficial in that sense. However. It also depends whether you want to live in a more rural area or closer to a city, such as Chester. Good luck making your decision. I am more than happy to answer further questions if you have any. :D

forrest

Re: Bangor 2019

Post by forrest » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:45 am

Hi Bd17,

Thank you, Im so excited! I really appreciate the information, it's really helpful especially kowing the different bases.