UCL 2018

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course
HertfordshireHIT

UCL 2018

Post by HertfordshireHIT » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:28 pm

Hi,

I thought I would set up a thread for everyone starting at UCL in September. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Doug

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
BathLondonOxford1

Re: UCL 2018

Post by BathLondonOxford1 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:04 pm

I'm also in the UCL cohort! Moving to London in September and very excited to begin!

Kim

Tiggie

Post by Tiggie » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:24 pm

Hi guys! Congrats on getting into UCL! Can I ask how you found the interview process? I'm applying to UCL this year. Thank you!

BathLondonOxford1

Post by BathLondonOxford1 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:48 am

Hi Tiggie,

Apologies for my delayed reply!

I felt that the atmosphere at the interview was friendly and as relaxed as it could be. There was some time between the various parts of the day to chat to other candidates and take some time to settle etc so that was good.

The interviewers were friendly enough and allowed me to feel pretty calm in the interview and to really think about my answers before giving a response. I think UCL's questions, more so than other dclinpsy interviews I've had, try to ask questions that you couldn't have prepared in advance. So, for interview, my advice would be to practice answering questions on the spot rather than trying to guess and then prepare for what you think may come up.

Feel free to private message me on here if you have any other questions, and good luck with your application!

ScottMcKenziePsych

Post by ScottMcKenziePsych » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:58 am

Hi,

I'm Scott and I'm researching clinical doctorate options just now. Do you think it's feasible for someone to be on this doctorate full-time but not live in London? I've been checking public transport and UCL seems to be an hour away from where I currently live. Please let me know what you think. Also, any other information about applying for the course would be appreciated too.

Many thanks,
Scott