South Wales 2019

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course
hw2102

South Wales 2019

Post by hw2102 »

Hello :)

I've seen from the Progress thread that there are a few people who have accepted places at South Wales - thought it would be nice to make a little thread to have a chat!

I'm super excited to start at the end of September, looking forward to meeting you all!

Hannah
psych19

Re: South Wales 2019

Post by psych19 »

Hi Hannah :)

I will also be starting at South Wales in September :) Looking forward to meeting everyone and getting started!

Zoe
CharlieCat

Post by CharlieCat »

Hi both,

I will also be starting at South Wales in September! Do you know which health boards you'll be placed in and will you be coming from far?

Sarah
hw2102

Post by hw2102 »

Hi Zoe and Sarah!

Nice to hear from you and look forward to meeting you both in "real life" in September :)

I'm going to be based in Hywel Dda, waiting for confirmation of which county though. How about you both?
I'm based in Bristol at the moment so not too far from Cardiff, but a bit further from my placement base! Are you guys coming from far?

Hannah
CharlieCat

Post by CharlieCat »

Hi Hannah,

I'm going to be in Hywel Dda too! It's great to find someone else who's going to be placed there as I am a little nervous about being isolated. I'm in Bedfordshire at the moment, but I did my undergrad at Cardiff and still have a few friends who live there. Looking forward to meeting you both in person!

Sarah
psych19

Post by psych19 »

Hi both!

I'm going to be in Cardiff and Vale :) I'll be moving from Reading, but luckily I'm quite familiar with Cardiff as well (boyfriend currently lives there) so feeling quite excited about the move. Looking forward to hopefully getting some more info through soon from the course so it can feel a bit more real!

Zoe
hw2102

Post by hw2102 »

Ahh how exciting Sarah! I'm glad to find someone else who'll be there too, I have similar worries but I'm sure it'll be great :) And we'll be so busy we won't have time to be isolated haha!
That's nice for you Zoe being in the health board in the same place as where your boyfriend lives :)

I'm hoping the course will send out some more info soon too, I'd like to start getting organised and it feels a little premature without any firm paperwork or anything!

Hannah
Isit

Post by Isit »

Hiya guys, congrats on being offered a place!!! I'm on the reserve list but I don't think I'm quite high enough sadly. Pleased with getting there though. Out of interest when did they let you know what health board you have? It's relatively new compared to other years so wondering how they did it.
psych19

Post by psych19 »

They let me know in the phone call when they offered the place, and then they sent an email the next day with it in as well. Hope this helps!
Isit

Post by Isit »

psych19 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:55 pm They let me know in the phone call when they offered the place, and then they sent an email the next day with it in as well. Hope this helps!
Thanks for letting me know. It was just out of curiosity really! :D Congrats on your place.
Glou0629

Post by Glou0629 »

Hi all,
Bit late to responding but I will also be starting on the South Wales course in September. I'll be in Aneurin Bevin on placement - which is perfect for me as I live in Chepstow. Really looking forward to meeting you all and getting to know you over the next 3 years. Be great to meet up beforehand if anyone wants to. If not see you in September/October

😊 Gem
CharlieCat

Post by CharlieCat »

Hi Gem and everyone else!

Would anyone like to meet up on the 2nd when we're in Cardiff for our checks? It seems like a good opportunity to meet people in person :)

Sarah
hw2102

Post by hw2102 »

Hey everyone 😊 nice to hear from you Gem - glad your placement base is so handy for home!

Meeting up on the 2nd sounds like a good idea Sarah! My checks are in the morning but I'm likely to be around all day as travel time etc won't allow me to go back to work in the afternoon. Happy to send my number via PM and we could set up a WhatsApp group maybe?

Hannah x
CharlieCat

Post by CharlieCat »

I think you already have my number Hannah but if anyone else is interested we can definitely set up a WhatsApp group! My appointment is at 1 but I'll be about to meet up in the afternoon/evening? :)

Sarah
psych19

Post by psych19 »

Hi everyone,

Sounds like a nice idea to meet up on Friday! I will PM you Hannah if that's ok!