Glasgow 2019

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course
AngelicFruitcake

Glasgow 2019

Post by AngelicFruitcake » Thu May 16, 2019 1:51 pm

Hey Everyone,

I see that these threads are starting to pop up so I thought it only fitting to get one started for Glasgow!

:D :D :D :D

I'm really looking forward to starting the course and meeting everyone!!

I'm coming up from the south west so it will be a big move for me :shock:

I guess in the near future we should start a Facebook group, maybe?

:alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien:

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
jessicaaaa

Re: Glasgow 2019

Post by jessicaaaa » Sat May 18, 2019 12:24 pm

Hi AngelicFruitcake

It will be so nice to get to know you and all the other folk on the course. Can't wait to get started!

Wow that's quite the move up! I am from the west of Scotland and have lived in Glasgow before so if you have any questions about moving/the area I'd be happy to try help. Confident you'll love it here :)

A Facebook group is a great idea :)

AngelicFruitcake

Post by AngelicFruitcake » Mon May 27, 2019 11:06 am

Hi Jessicaaaa

That's good that you'll be moving somewhere what you know! Takes some stress out of it :)

Me and my partner are looking in to areas and it seemes like the west/north west is where most of our research is bringing us too. We hopefully going to head up on the August bank holiday weekend to scope out a few places.

Have you heard anything from the course since your offer email?

I suppose we would get a FB group up and running slightly nearer the time?

jessicaaaa

Post by jessicaaaa » Tue May 28, 2019 6:57 pm

Good idea :D the west end is lovely! I've not heard anything at all since either (so we are in the same boat)

I'm going to go ahead and create one (I've been talking to a few folk interested in starting one and I'm also just so excited 😅)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/365641210736365/