Increased number of training places

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course
miriam
Site Admin

Re: Increased number of training places

Post by miriam » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:29 pm

Samays wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:16 pm
Hi, do you have any further information on how the extra places might have diversity tied to them? Where was this initially indicated?
https://www.hee.nhs.uk/news-blogs-event ... -announced
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

Samays

Post by Samays » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:43 pm

Ahh, thank you, Miriam. So it's not explicitly stated that these extra places need to be offered specifically with diversity in mind. Hopefully that can be achieved in the future if the funding continues.

RJParker

Post by RJParker » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:53 am

Samays wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:43 pm
Ahh, thank you, Miriam. So it's not explicitly stated that these extra places need to be offered specifically with diversity in mind. Hopefully that can be achieved in the future if the funding continues.
That's because programmes would walk head first into the equality act if they had to do that.

The idea is that future commissions will be based on each programme evidencing recruitment processes that ensure increased equality of access and diversity in trainees. In other words, if you don't change, another programme gets your commissions. About time really.

Samays

Post by Samays » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:33 pm

RJParker wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:53 am

That's because programmes would walk head first into the equality act if they had to do that.
Yes, that's what I thought. I think I misinterpreted Miriam's original post.

It's a great progressive step for the profession :D