Southampton requirements

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course
clairey182

Southampton requirements

Post by clairey182 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:49 pm

Good afternoon all, I apologise if I have posted in the wrong place - this is my first time posting!

I am hoping to apply to the DClinPsy programme this year, and Southampton is my top choice. I have looked at the entry requirements, and have seen that they require evidence of competence in Statistics and Research methods as evidenced by a score/rating of 60% or equivalent on Undergraduate Transcripts.

During my undergraduate psychology degree, I had some mitigating cirumstances, and I obtained scores of 55% and 65% on the Experimental Methods and Statistical Analysis (2A and 2B) modules. This therefore averages at 60% between the two modules. Does anyone have experience of them excepting this grade?
I have also completed a MSc in Clinical Psychology (taught). My scores for Advanced Statistics and Advanced Research Methods were 84 and 60 respectively. I gained a distinction overall. I understand that this is not a research MSc, however I feel it does demonstrate my ability to study research methods at doctoral level.

Any advice on this would be hugely appreciated as I don't want to waste 1/4 of my choices!

Thanks in advance :)

Geishawife
Team Member

Re: Southampton requirements

Post by Geishawife » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:10 pm

I don't know anything about the Southampton course, but it might be better to contact the course directly, as they are probably the only people who can give you an accurate answer. Might be worth e-mailing them and asking for clarity. Like you say, it would be a shame to waste an application so better to check directly.

clairey182

Re: Southampton requirements

Post by clairey182 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:44 pm

Hi, thank you for your response. I did email them a couple of weeks ago however recieved no response (I think i've answered my own question and it's a no...).

Thanks again!