Placement Allocation - Trainee Needs Question

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course
natalie427

Placement Allocation - Trainee Needs Question

Post by natalie427 »

I am currently completing a form (Placement development Needs) prior to starting the DCLIN which asks:
Expectations / Hopes:
Are there particular experiences or kinds of work you may be hoping to have?

My general expectations and hopes are that training will provide me with breadth of experience which I have not encountered previously.
But, I wonder whether this question is specifically asking me what I would be interested in (despite not yet experiencing?), to maybe narrow that list down a bit?

Any advice about what may be helpful to include in this section would be appreciated.
Advertisement
Any Psychologists out there want to come and join us? We have an opportunity for an additional clinical/practitioner psychologist to join our highly skilled, tight knit, diverse clinical team https://www.amplify-yp.com/work-with-us
Alex

Re: Placement Allocation - Trainee Needs Question

Post by Alex »

I wouldn't overthink this, it often gets ignored in favour of the practicality of where trainees live and the jigsaw of placing the cohort as a whole.

I know this as I have completed placement allocations.
jazzydwi

Post by jazzydwi »

You could look at this thread and jot down any areas that appeal to you?
natalie427

Post by natalie427 »

thank you :)