Success for Doctorate in Counselling Psychology

The place to ask about degree courses, conversion courses, masters, PhD or other qualifications. Discuss specific courses, their pros and cons, the content, the application process, different institutions, how to fund them, etc. Includes advice if you have a 2:2 and questions on transcripts
LozLoz

Success for Doctorate in Counselling Psychology

Post by LozLoz » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:44 pm

Hello 😊

I've been offered an interview at Wolverhampton University next month for the Doctorate in Counselling Psychology and was hoping to find others who are either on the course, applying, or who have completed the course. I feel like it's looking for a needle in a haystack when trying to find others in my situation.

I've been trying to prepare for the interview (and I understand that not a lot of information can be shared, due to guidelines) .... Last year I went to interview with limited experience. This time round I've completed Level 2 Counselling Skills, I've secured a placement providing 1:1 therapy and I do receive monthly supervision. I also work full time for a Mental Health and Wellbeing Charity as a Community wellbeing worker, so I facilitate groups for service users around the local area, and I use counselling skills within my role in groups, 1:1 and on the telephone.

What are your opinions? What was your experience? I would love to find others, as I'm completely wandering through this on my own. Nobody understands what this journey of waiting, anticipation and anxiety really does to the heart, body and soul!

Thanks for reading 😊😊

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf